surfers $$ journal

Discussion in 'Journals' started by marketsurfer, Apr 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. greetings,

my interest in the FX/currency market has increased dramatically recently. this journal will document the trades taken based on our research. In addition, i do daytrade these markets utilizing unique software that pinpoints overextensions and potential continued movement in same direction--however, most of the trades in these global markets are longer term. i do average into a trade up to the risk tolerance at that time based on capital levels and have found that this "controlled averaging" works nicely ( so far anyhow) in this market.

I am expecting dollar strength this week based on our projected economic numbers and have acted on this hypothesis by shorting a substantial quantity of EUR/USD @1.2180 and 1.2190 this evening.

best,

surfer

2. Wouldnt that be trading with the trend, Surf???:D

3. taking a little heat here as the euro rallies. holding positions at this time.

surfer

4. Surf.. is this a good time to add more.. or should we wait for a little bit for an even better entry price?

5. yes. holding here.

surfer

6. adding our final entry here at 1.2276 short. continuing to feel the heat, but still confident of coming dollar strength.

surfer

7. That would depend on your definition of the words "trading," "with," "the," and "trend." You'll note that he has not yet gotten back to you on that one.

8. Surf.. Looks like the trend is up, shouldn't we just get out of our losing positions and go LONG ?

9. hey ripley,

i am staying short.

best,

surfer:)

10. absolutely. and now i am against the trend..... LOL !

the antitrend statistical tests apply to equities only.

surfer

#10     Apr 17, 2006
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.