Surfer Alerts

Discussion in 'Journals' started by marketsurfer, Apr 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. southall

southall

This trade clearly needs more room.. so why not widen the stop from 40ticks to 400, ($4000 to $40,000 on 10 lots)?

Taking a few $4000 losses in a row is just too painful, but $40,000 in one go is ok :confused:

#51     Apr 4, 2013
  2. Clearly, in hind sight, that stop setting was wrong. I try not to dwell on judgement mistakes but I do have them on occasion. surf

#52     Apr 4, 2013
  3. Again, you say you don't use stops (quotes below) but then you say the stop setting was wrong. Do you not see the blatant inconsistency? Did you ever stop to think that, if you approached each trade the exact same way, based on your method, you might have better success?

#53     Apr 4, 2013

4. My long term record speaks for itself. Do i make mistakes in execution at times? Yes, absolutely.

surf

PS-- here's some facts about the market and risk-- stop buying into the brokers BS and look at the way wall street really works.

http://elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&postid=3773432#post3773432

#54     Apr 4, 2013
  5. cornix

cornix

Losing big is not yet a guarantee of winning big. First is possible without second and second without first.

Also what matters is if you're net profitable after your losses and profits are summarized.

#55     Apr 4, 2013
  6. Since your are just starting to trade a new method this year, after ~20 years in the biz, my assumption is that your long term record isn't very good. Perhaps if you stopped making silly "mistakes in execution", you might be better off. Just food for thought. You shouldn't fight good advice. :D

#56     Apr 4, 2013
  7. Lucrum

Lucrum

:D

I dunno about his record prior to 2004, but since then it's sucked.

#57     Apr 4, 2013
  8. Lucrum

Lucrum

No it's not, not to even mention how much you have to make just to get back to where you began.

#58     Apr 4, 2013
  9. As someone who has been here since 2003, I'm sure you can attest to his track record better than me. I was just assuming his long term record wasn't very solid but you've actually seen it in action over the last 9 years.

Thanks for confirming my suspicion. Hopefully he tries harder at fighting his demons. So far, I've witnessed very little effort to do so.

#59     Apr 4, 2013
  10. Markets change. I guess if you only read books and don't actually trade you will not understand this fact. Edges are constantly being eliminated and changed into something different.

#60     Apr 4, 2013
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.