Surfer Alerts

Discussion in 'Journals' started by marketsurfer, Apr 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. You must have some room to work a few intraday positions to capture some back while you wait. Margin wise if you could hold overnight with 10 then you should have room to trade a few intraday today. On the other hand I'd be sweating now.
    I've been here and done this myself at times over the years. I have in bold large print on a sheet at my desk to take my loss and move onto the next trade. If only the trade platform was hooked up to a taser and zapped me when I started thinking about hanging in there.

#31     Apr 4, 2013
  2. Yes, but since I don't use stops, I need to position size so that all but the most unlikely extreme adverse moves can be absorbed without knocking me out of the game---

Funny about the taser!

surf

#32     Apr 4, 2013
  3. Over 20 years. I am more of a speculator than day trader.

surf

#33     Apr 4, 2013
  4. Trapper

Trapper

Talk about motivation!

Trapper

#34     Apr 4, 2013
  5. southall

southall

20 years.. thats a long time you must of taken a lot of money out of the markets over the years. Especially during the 90s and the tech bubble?

#35     Apr 4, 2013
  6. Wtf?? :confused:

#36     Apr 4, 2013
  7. What gets you out of the trade? Is there a pain point?

#37     Apr 4, 2013
  8. Lucrum

Lucrum

:D

#38     Apr 4, 2013
  9. His first trade in this journal had a stop, this one doesn't. Inconsistent approach IMO

#39     Apr 4, 2013
  10. Yes, that is why I was wondering what takes him out of this trade. Took a stop on that initial post, but is letting this one go.

#40     Apr 4, 2013
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.