Surf Report Closed By Zealous Mod

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by marketsurfer, Jul 16, 2008.

1. Magna

Magna Administrator

Yes I do remember that. And, in another of his many violations of ET policies over the years, he repeatedly tried to recruit people from here. Yet somehow we should provide him with a forum, be honored that he blesses us with his presence, and allow him to do and say whatever he pleases... :confused:

#11     Jul 16, 2008
  2. you and the management KNOW that i am a massive asset to this site, however, i agree i should keep within the TOS of the site--which i don't believe my journal violates.

recruit people to do what?? perhaps i noticed their skills with prose and offered them greater exposure as writer/journalist? its was a win win for everyone---

regardless of the red herrings, smoke screens, and obfusications of the written word, i stand by my contention that MY posts on MY journal that contained political content were in CONTEXT with the financial markets and were proper in the journal section. you are correct, several of the political type posts, from contributors to the surf report, were rants and should have been deleted or moved.

in addition, regarding my claim of surf report being 2nd most read journal of all time, i am not AN EXPERT at ET, my purpose here is merely as a journalist, if my use of the search function shows the surf report as 2nd, and I am using it wrong--- you win.
    note my nonexpert search results:

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/forum...=desc&sortfield=views&perpage=20&pagenumber=1

surf

#12     Jul 16, 2008
  3. hughb

hughb

BWAHAHAHAHA! I posted something today about conspiracy wackos being to busy to post because they are all out finding more evidence that President Bush blew up the WTC and that post is gone. These guys really are a bunch of jack booted moderators.

#13     Jul 16, 2008
  4. First the "Surf Report" was censored then closed?

Now, Market Surfer has left ET? Has any other ET poster been rrecurited by a large financial news organization, then by a fund for whatever? MarketSurfer should be applauded, instead he was hassled by the elite trader managements per this thread?

I found some of his latest material on Yahoo. Is his site still operating?

Gary

#14     Aug 11, 2008
  5. Lucrum

Lucrum

garymiami

Smurf, is that you? Making yet another in an endless series of childish attempts to promote yourself through another alias?

#15     Aug 11, 2008

6. No idea what you are talking about. I am Gary, I live in South Beach--who is Smurf?

Gary

#16     Aug 11, 2008
  7. Magna

Magna Administrator

Interesting that you claim to live in South Beach (and reinforce that by making "miami" part of your alias), and yet your I.P. address is in New York City. Go figure...

#17     Aug 11, 2008
  8. Clearly a man about town(s).
    :D

#18     Aug 11, 2008
  9. Magna

Magna Administrator

1st post:
    2nd post:

3rd post:
    Other posts:

Geez, this is tricky stuff, starting from his first three posts he's been promoting marketsurfer. He lives in N.Y.C. like marketsurfer. Hmmm... tough to put 2 + 2 together. Better put on my thinking cap 'cause I sure hope this isn't another one of the countless pathetic marketsurfer aliases, otherwise it might get retired like all the rest. :D

#19     Aug 11, 2008

10. I am Gary from South Beach. Why is everyone so afraid of Marketsurfer? Banning everyone who even mentions the name. Purdy fonny! The guy made some fierce calls, what did he do to get on the Elitehatelist? I read some of his posts, seems nothing but a nice person.

Gary

#20     Aug 11, 2008