Surf Report Censored!

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by marketsurfer, Jul 9, 2008.

1. hughb

hughb

I take the written word seriously, yes. There is no need to delete a youtube video out of someone's journal even if it contains politcal comments. It's not the least bit harmful. The whole point of a message board is to facilitate communication. But mods make it a point of stopping communication.

Deleting posts are rarely necessary. In the case of someone who is obvioulsy distrubed and keeps trashing the board, then moderation is needed. That rarely happens though. We have a problem with it right now with that bloke from Australia, deleting his posts is necessary and desired.

#11     Jul 10, 2008
  2. hughb

hughb

And I should mention too, that the members here shouldn't be asking the mods to delete posts that they don't like either. Magna mentioned that in his reply to me earlier. So it works both ways, that was a good point, Magna.

#12     Jul 10, 2008
  3. hughb

hughb

But my indictment still stands - the board is overmoderated. I would ask all mods to always give the benefit of the doubt to the poster and always give second and even third thoughts before altering a post in any way. Most members here deserve that respect.

#13     Jul 10, 2008
  4. #14     Jul 10, 2008

5. yes, I agree. UNLESS, the posts deleted are in VIOLATION of the TOS of this website. As most know, I am open to criticism of my ideas and actually welcome it always.

the posts deleted, by my request, were personal in nature or in violation of the TOS of elite trader.

Best wishes,

Surf

#15     Jul 10, 2008
  6. I agree.

Someone asking a post to be removed has nothing to do with a moderator becoming a censor.

So yes, some moderators overdo it, and overdo it continuously.

If no one is bothered with an unrelated post, then LEAVE IT ALONE.

We have a complain button. If it bothers the ET community, WE WILL REPORT IT.

Stop censoring, unless something is blatant.

#16     Jul 10, 2008
  7. This pretty much sums up everything. As far as I'm concerned, you folks whining about the moderating don't have a leg to stand on. I'd have moved political commentary out as well.

None of you pay a fee to access this site. Your existance here is at the will of Baron, as is our existance as moderators. This means you're not a customer, and therefore you have no rights.

Offer feedback all you want, that's what this section is for.

#17     Jul 10, 2008
  8. Smurf,

Seriously- STFU.

What about all your Timmay cheerleader spam threads? They don't get deleted....Every time I turn around you are starting a new one about him. Buy him a valentine and get it over with.

I'd say since they let you continue to post that Timmay rah-rah BS with impunity then at the least you shouldn't shed so many tears if they delete one of your posts that was in the wrong forum.

I don't see where they overstepped their bounds here.

Jeez grab a kleenex. You must be drunk from all that whine by now.

---------------------------------------------------

Okay back into the ET shadows with me for awhile. I'll be watching...

#18     Jul 10, 2008
  9. Don't know the details here but from what I've read from Marketsurfers posts,,, Timmay...Surf f*#@ked him!!!

Seriously, you bastards lay off of Magna. Even though he censored me like a Russian disadent, I still consider him/her or whatever the f#ck it is a personal friend. Give em hell Mags, if these pricks had your powers of deletion they would have made themselves disappear. Hey, maybe that would be a good thing.:D

Rennick out:cool:

#19     Jul 11, 2008
  10. I forwarded this comment on to Baron . . .

Yes, we don't pay a fee to access this site but we are customers. Without us the sponsors would advertise somewhere else and I know for a fact that would not make Baron happy.

Your comment is as unintelligent as I have every seen posted from a moderator here at ET.

#20     Jul 11, 2008