Suretrader

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by Maverick74, Mar 10, 2012.

1. tim sykes = scam artist. I wouldn't take the risk. Just pay the $400 and get the license and register with a firm. You can put it on your resume and it will help your future as additional experience in case you decide to switch fields.

I don't see what all the hype is about off-shore brokers. If you want access to 10:1 or 20:1 leverage where you could EASILY cause a big hit for the firm, it seems a bit irresponsible to be too lazy to get a license. Despite how much I despise regulators and think the exam is just another government licensing scam, if you want oversight - register, get the series 7 or 56 and stop bitching.

#21     Mar 12, 2012
  2. Maverick74

Maverick74

I wouldn't move my money offshore either. And get the series 7, not the 56 if you can. The 56 has no discernible value.

#22     Mar 12, 2012
  3. That's my boy, Mr. Maverick!

Don:)

#23     Mar 12, 2012
  4. agreed on that one. the 7 will allow you to do a lot more in the financial field with less additional costs. the 56 is just there to give some bonuses to regulators for the excellent job theyre doing lol

#24     Mar 12, 2012
  5. The series 7, of course, will not teach you how to trade. Munis, 33, 34, options, whatever.....it's so then you can SELL for a company and make phone calls, emails, whatever...

I'm sure most people know this, but maybe not everyone...

stay thirsty

unless you are dehydrated.

#25     Mar 12, 2012
  6. hitnrun

hitnrun

pippi436

my post is only for stocks regards to regulatory sec or exchange oversight
    their are different choices out their for traders, some safer then others

#26     Mar 12, 2012
  7. I don't believe any license exam will teach you how to trade... :confused:

#27     Mar 12, 2012
  8. nope but they will teach you to be compliant...

#28     Mar 12, 2012
  9. No license exam will help with trading. The 7 just happens be more well known, and to be of a bit more universal value overall.

Don

#29     Mar 13, 2012
  10. the 7 will allow you to enter any financial services field in the future. Say you want to accept someone's $$ and trade it for them. You will need a 7, a 56 will not cover you. There are a lot of other examples I can think of.

#30     Mar 13, 2012