surefiretrading.net

Discussion in 'Trading' started by greenery, Sep 9, 2011.

1. He never said to go long.

#11     Sep 14, 2011
  2. I apologize in advance for stepping on the toes of a paying ET advertiser, but after today's "trade" it's time for me to call bull$h!t on this service. I do so in hopes of saving some desperate traders the $299 subscription fee, as well as their trading capital.

At 8:55 EST the "prepare to sell" message went out, a reasonable call given the short term pullback that was taking place at the time in the premarket after the overnite runup. At precisely 9am the "sell at market" call was given, at almost the exact moment that the news about the ECB hit the street, causing ES to spike from the 1184 level to almost 1195. I thought to myself "pity the fool that pulled the trigger on that one"' and eagerly awaited the "actual entry" point to be given by the moderator.

Well, it would be over an hour before such a message came, and when it did the reason given was "technical difficulties" and stated the actual entry was at 1191.5. This was followed by another message saying that when the market spikes like it did today, they wait to issue stops and targets until the market "settles down." It was then stated that the stop was (ironically one tick above the high) at 1200, and the target was 1182, despite the fact that all the other trades this week have used fixed stops and targets of six and eight points respectively.

Now here's where it gets even better. The ES traded at 1199.75 during the hour we waited for the entry, stop, and target to be announced. As an experienced trader, I can tell you that if there was a trade at 99.75, there was certainly an "Ask" of 1200, even if it was for a split second, which would have triggered the stop and closed the trade if indeed the stop was entered. This fact was conveniently ignored, and the trade was purported to be active, with a subsequent call at 10:58 to move the stop down to 96 as the ES moved back down again in the direction of the trade.

Fast forward to 1:15 EST (hours after the stop had been blown through) at which time a message was sent stating that they had been stopped out for a small loss, although the exit was never announced, nor was the actual loss amount (apparently 4.5 points). The moderator said that with all the random news coming out today, they would be cautious about entering any further trades, as the market was hard to predict on days like this. There were no subsequent calls given, and no recap text or email was sent as had been done on Monday when they were up 10.5 for the day.

I have done my best to recap the events as they unfolded, and will allow you to decide for yourself if this is what it looks like, sounds like, and smells like (remember Cheech 'n Chong?). I have been trading in some capacity for over ten years, and fully understand there are technical difficulties, and that the market is random and unpredictable. So either this site is the victim of some really unfortunate timing, or....you can fill in the rest. :D

#12     Sep 15, 2011
  3. trendo

trendo

Thanks for sharing your experience. Did you have to give them your credit card info to get the free trial?

#13     Sep 15, 2011
  4. No, just signed up on the website and put in my mobile number to receive the text messages. It's a good sign that they offer the free trial, but after what went down today I have some serious doubts about their credibility. Maybe I just caught a bad day, hope they do better tomorrow...

#14     Sep 15, 2011
  5. looking forward to the rest of your free trial report.

#15     Sep 15, 2011
  6. Buy signal given at this morning at 7:01 EST, actual entry given as 1200.75, with stop at 1193.75, target at 1208.75.

I haven't looked at the charts yet this morning, so not sure what the setup looks like. Personally I am cautious around major levels like this (1200), and am not a big fan of Fridays either. I don't know if there are any reports due out this morning, but if so it better be good news, or a retracement is imminent after yesterdays runup.

#16     Sep 16, 2011
  7. To follow upon my earlier post:

At 7:43 EST the call was given to cover the long and sell ES at market. Actual entry was given as 1198.75, stop at 1205.75, target is 1190.75.

This should go without saying, but please DO NOT trade these signals,they are for information and entertainment purposes only.

:cool:

#17     Sep 16, 2011
  8. I'll spare the details for now, but today was the most active day of the week that I've been watching this service, with five trades called for a net loss of 3 points. There was one 8 point winner, one B/E and three losers, as the ES kept bouncing around the 1200 mark, and the mod kept entering trades and then calling for reversals of the position.

I got the feeling there were some desperation trades being called, as they had three losing days after being up on Monday, and we were told there was 90% certainty of profitability to end the week. No end of day recap message, no email about the days action, just radio silence as wounds were surely being licked.

I calculate the week at minus 9 points, not horrible by any stretch, but hard to conceive "300% monthly returns"at this rate. Please believe me when I say I bear no ill will against this company, and know firsthand how difficult the trading game can be. But when you charge for a signal service and make profitability claims, your neck is stuck way out there just waiting for the market to slit your throat.

I hope this information has proved valuable to those who have followed along this week, and I welcome additional commentary from anyone who has the desire to chime in.

Have a great weekend!!

:)

#18     Sep 16, 2011
  9. It's possible you just signed up for a trial during a down week.

Is your trial over? Someone else should sign up for another week and post the calls.

#19     Sep 16, 2011
  10. Good idea. Let us know how it goes.

#20     Sep 16, 2011