Supreme Court corrupted by corporate ...too!

Discussion in 'Politics' started by omegapoint, Jan 21, 2010.

1. #21     Jan 22, 2010
  2. I like this decision. It's a loss for Obama and a win for business. If corporations and small businesses have to live & die by the rules and regulations that some of these political hacks come up with, I say let them give money to the candidates of their choice.

#22     Jan 22, 2010
  3. Ricter

Ricter

You are lumping dissimilar entities together there and evaporating your point.

Mainly you like it because it's a loss for Obama, huh?

#23     Jan 22, 2010
  4. It has been a good week. :) I view it simply as a win for capitalism and business and another loss for that anti-capitalist, anti-small businessman guy in the white house.

#24     Jan 22, 2010
  5. That's just the problem, they don't live and die by the rules and regulations when the rules and regualtions are changed as needed. So long as they can appoint their personal hacks, there is no consequence for ignoring/breaking the rules and regulations, as has been demonstrated time and again. If it's been this bad with the law, how bad will it be without it?

#25     Jan 22, 2010
  6. Ricter

Ricter

You are wrong about that, though. I work for a global corporation and can tell you from first-hand observation that there is no entity around more anti-capitalism and more anti-small business than the big corporation, when it suits them. But unlike the ordinary leftist critics of capitalism, the big corporation has the power to do something about it.

#26     Jan 22, 2010
  7. I don't like the idea at all; however it may have some positive effects.

In the last election there were massive illegal activities in campaign funding providing hundreds of millions of dollars of support from communist China and numbers of Islamic regimes and numerous suspect sources ... changing history and establishing a coup of ominous magnitude that simply slipped by most of America and the world. (I'm not saying that the same faction(s) aren't in charge ... just that the people of America weren't in charge of the election.)

Opening the gates of Corporate funding removes a previous control that was easily and unethically run around with this latest coup ... the changes may equalize things again to a degree. (at least I hope.)

Granted ... big corporate or banking money that gets Fed Funneled money could completely sway the election and all media (again) ... and those in charge could very well simply funnel tax payer funds to the big corporations and they could "donate" to the current oligarchy for re-election. (You gotta know that someone is already working on this diligently for 2012)

Huge risk here (for free America) as the money sham shell game is status quo in DC and has been for decades.

The entire electoral process needs to come under review by the people of America.
    George Soros, Acorn and the Tides foundation and the various machinations of
    political scam efforts need be blocked.

Our electoral system is broken.
    "We the People" are not in charge enough.

America is supposed to be a Republic and not a Democracy ...
    the checks and balances of what the Founding fathers in
    their wisdom has all but faded away.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/KFXuGIpsdE0&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/KFXuGIpsdE0&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

#27     Jan 22, 2010
  8. 1) I think that is called competition. Whether one is a Mom and Pop or a global conglermerate, very few in business relish the fact of competition.

2) The left has their muscle also..... unions.

The left seems not to be happy with equal rights alone, they seem to also want equality of condition.

#28     Jan 22, 2010
  9. BSAM

BSAM

This interpretation of freedom of speech belongs to individuals, not corporations. I predict this won't stand.

#29     Jan 22, 2010
  10. loik

loik

Yes, for real!

#30     Jan 22, 2010