Suppose you know you are an idiot, what profession should you choose?

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by lolatency, Mar 24, 2009.

1. Funeral Director.:D

#21     Mar 24, 2009
  2. ElCubano

ElCubano

beau-ti-ful....

#22     Mar 24, 2009
  3. Banff01

Banff01

I seriously doubt that you can get rich by working for someone. You can make good money but you won't get rich. Unless of course you're really lucky and join a start up company where the owner is willing to let you on some part of the action.

#23     Mar 24, 2009
  4. Banff01

Banff01

I agree 100%. The problem is that you may never get rich by pursuing something that you really like. Let's not forget that Van Gogh died dirt poor thinking that he failed miserably in his life.
    I believe that you need to find the right balance in your life's pursuits to feel happy.

#24     Mar 24, 2009
  5. Interesting that you should mention art.
    I wrote a long paragraph about how despite considering myself quite dim, I am able to play the piano and guitar to quite a good standard, and also got excellent grades in art. However, i deleted it all after I wrote it in exchange for my actual reply, as i considered it irrelevant.

Its also interesting that you mentioned doing what you enjoy as opposed to chasing the almighty dollar, because that was also in my initial reply!
    Quite funny really.

I haven't really took my own advice as yet though. I love music, art, animals. A job in that field anywhere would be great. To be honest, unlike most peopl I am not THAT concerned about money. It has never been my ambition to be rich (just as well)

I just want to go to a job in the monrning that i dont dread going to (as has often been the case) and be able to afford a few beers at the weekend and a roof over my head.

#25     Mar 24, 2009
  6. the problem with artistic professions is supply and demand. since a lot of people perceive them as enjoyable activities, the job market is flooded with aspiring artists of various types

#26     Mar 24, 2009
  7. Sounds like an excellent baby-boomer 'play'. Oh shit, that reminds me - I'm a baby-boomer!

Thanks for ruining my day ... lol

#27     Mar 24, 2009
  8. day care empire, Avon, street tough, CEO, esoteric market guru

#28     Mar 24, 2009
  9. Stock market trader in 1994.

Real estate trader in 2001.

#29     Mar 24, 2009

10. "Fuck the Japs"-Harry Truman

#30     Mar 24, 2009