Suppose you know you are an idiot, what profession should you choose?

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by lolatency, Mar 24, 2009.

1. The choice is clear: Politics

#11     Mar 24, 2009
  2. MAESTRO

MAESTRO

Confucius said once: "The one who thinks he is an idiot is not an idiot at all!"

#12     Mar 24, 2009
  3. I'm confident this is a question Maxine Waters asked herself.

#13     Mar 24, 2009
  4. A few years ago, the "idiots" in the middle class were trying to get jobs as loan officers and mortgage brokers. Real-estate agent was another choice.

What's the option now? Repo-man? Debt collector?

#14     Mar 24, 2009
  5. Banff01

Banff01

Clown in a circuss would be a decent gig! :D

Seriously, man, you have some self-hate issues. You don't have to be very smart for 90% of jobs out there. In fact someone said that intelligence generally stands in your way in business because you keep second guessing yourself and questioning everything you do.

#15     Mar 24, 2009
  6. I am serious, and it's not just me. On a macroeconomic level, the idiots (possibly including me) have to try and maximize their potential. At one point it was manufacturing jobs, then real-estate, and now? Now what? The answer to the "now what" basically tells you where everything is headed -- and not just in terms of what I should do after I blow up an [or my] account.

#16     Mar 24, 2009
  7. Preacher or Minister, preferably in a poor community where people are easily frightened. Lots of money to be had selling salvation.

#17     Mar 24, 2009
  8. I consider myself a bit of an idiot aswell if im honest!
    I've accepted that im never gonna get a good enough job to make me rich.

#18     Mar 24, 2009
  9. I guess start out some place you fancy, hold on, and then hopefully you will get a break one day.

#19     Mar 24, 2009
  10. Humpy

Humpy

Big mistake chasing after money !

The great artists etc enjoyed painting etc. and the fame and recognition from others that came later were almost immaterial. Did Picasso think his pictures were going to be sold for millions ? Not initially - he enjoyed what he did and so should you

Too many in USA overate money and underate life

#20     Mar 24, 2009