Supporting yourself while trading pre-profit?

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by malaka56, Jul 18, 2006.

1. I have been in a similar situation. There is a high probability that you will end up losing your business because you're not paying attention to it. That's what happended to me. Then you'll be trading with "scared money" because you'll have no steady income stream. That'll lead to taking profits too early, over trading, and generally jumping from one trading style to another. You'll donate much money to the market. That's what happened to me. You will eventually be near broke and find yourself scrambling for a job, any job. If you're in your 50's with a "all over the map" resume' like me, you'll find your self lucky to find a job at all.
    I now work shift work, which I hate, but it does give me time to trade when I not working days.
    All in all, I should have put my main energy into my business and continued swing trading the market. At one time both were profitable. Greed will take you down, and right quick.

#11     Jul 18, 2006
  2. I deal poker and bartend and trade during the day :)

#12     Jul 18, 2006
  3. Two words: government job

Position your monitor so no one can see what you are doing. Install something like MultiDesk so you can flip from one screen to another at approach of boss. When asked what you are working on, always say you are swamped. All the while read, trade, design systems. If after ten or fifteen years you are not profitable, find another calling.

#13     Jul 18, 2006
  4. That's too funny. I did that with my outside sales job, just milked salary a bit whilst I figured out if this is what I wanted to do.

#14     Jul 18, 2006
  5. If this is possible than your boss is an idiot. First of all in our company only those who really need internet for the job will get access, and secondly we monitor all the PC's that are connected to the internet. Within 1 week you would be fired.

Trade the European markets, or move to Europe and trade the american markets and combine this with a job.

#15     Jul 18, 2006
  6. That's why I don't work at your company.

#16     Jul 18, 2006
  7. spike, you need a better job and one that trusts people.

#17     Jul 18, 2006
  8. dac8555

dac8555

Get a regular 8-5..and do your studing and order entry after work and on your lunch break. You will obviosly be swing trading...but this is a great way to start. I did this for years. you dont HAVE to watch it all day...hell, starting out your probably dont want to, youll have a heart attack.

#18     Jul 18, 2006
  9. Well if you consider that he is talking about a goberment job, hence his ultimate boss would be Bush... I guess your statement is quite correct. His boss is an idiot.

To the PO. Do swing trading, keep your bussiness...

#19     Jul 19, 2006
  10. sulli

sulli

umm... only if the government job is in the executive branch. anyways OT.

#20     Jul 19, 2006