Support & Resistance question

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by RangeBar, Sep 30, 2009.

1. WRBs as in wide range bodies (candlestick charts) or wide range bars (bar charts) is an analysis of change in supply/demand regardless to how long the duration of change will last. However, some traders may refer to it as Expansion Bar Analysis which often refers to the study of changes in volatility merged with some other type of price action analysis (with or without indicators).

Regardless, just because you see a WRB doesn't imply the market will suddenly reverse (go up or down) into a trend like price action especially when some WRBs imply there will be high probability of a trend continuation and others imply there's a higher probability of price action contraction.

Simply, the most efficient way to analyze WRB's is to study the price action that occurs after the WRB to determine if the WRB is important or not. You'll then be able to use that information to categorize the WRBs into three main groups based upon the price action after the WRB.

* Continuation
    * Reversal
    * Contraction (price noise)

If you determine it's an important WRB...you're also saying it's a key change in supply/demand.

In that particular price action scenario...you can then use the price action zone of the WRB to help with trade signals or profit targets later after the WRB has been identified as an important WRB. Thus, a WRB all by itself is not a trade signal nor does it indicate price direction via a single WRB.

My point, learn the basics about the following topics in relationship to whatever it is that you're trading and you can answer all those questions by yourself about WRB Analysis.

* Supply/Demand Analysis
    * Volatility Analysis

Note: Volume not needed unless you want to go that route....volatility analysis versus volume analysis.

Mark

#21     Oct 11, 2009
  2. speres

speres

To keep things simple, the strong hands have been selling into the percieved strength, the wide range up bar.......hence the down trend........

#22     Oct 13, 2009
  3. I received the Al Brooks book last week and have started reading it. Lots of words !! It is written almost in 'stream of consciousness' mode.

For those of you who have read the book, how many times did you have to read it ?

I have a 230 page book that I bought in 1996 by Nathan Sambul called 'The Million Dollar Trading Guide': it appears that the two authors preach the same concepts. I think I'll re-read that one too.

#23     Oct 13, 2009