support or resistance

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by trading1, Jan 15, 2007.

1. Hi Are there any reliable sources for the support and resistance levels on the major indices? Or, even just the European ones. It seems a fairly basic need, yet I can't find much information on the topic. Any comments would be appreciated.

2. Max22

Max22

Hi Trading1,

I have found a very reliable source, along with some excellent educational material. Please send me a pm or email if you are interested.

Max22

3. Focus on the high/low extremes made on an intra-day, daily, weekly & monthly basis.

4. You may know them but they are fluid, support becomes resistance and vice versa. You still have to know how to trade which is 99% of the battle.

5. Max22

Max22

Bsparky is correct. Even though you know them you still have to know how to enter at those levels or skip them altogether. There are some reliable methods for that.

6. Max22

Max22

Here is an example of a zone know before the market got there.

7. Hi
    That seems good advice, any comments about other issues like the rising trendlines or the chart patterns like double tops, H&S and so on?

8. Hi

Agreed. I would be using the support and res. levels merely to complement an existing trading method.

9. Max22

Max22

Here is another example of resistance zone known before the open, for a short opportunity. Was good for at least 2 points.

10. But this sell point you listed, while it worked, is also due to the Mich Sentiment report that came out. I would have liked to see that level touched like that but not due to news.

Thoughts?

#10     Jan 19, 2007