Support and Resistance

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Joe Ross, Dec 21, 2009.

1. SteveH

SteveH

Joe Ross is just on a fishing expedition for new subscribers to line his pockets.

Don't take that trade.

#11     Dec 23, 2009
  2. SteveH

SteveH

I'll go one further. Anytime in trading you see some so-called great trader who comes across as some laid-back grandfatherly type with lots of time on his hands to give you a helping hand at trading (for a price, of course), there is only one smart thing to do:

Run away! Lose that money in the market and learn from your own mistakes.

Better yet, go down to the public library, check out a copy of "Reminiscenses of a Stock Operator" and read it several times to where you really understand what the author is saying. [like: ADD to winners and get rid of losers QUICKLY]. There, big secret revealed. Now go out there and practice that and give all the trader/vendors out there your middle finger.

None of you would have ever hear of Jesse Livermore if he had traded the way most of you are trading...starting heavy and taking contracts off as the trade goes your way. If you're going to scalp then SCALP...all-in/all-out. If you're looking to catch a big ride then start small and ADD TO YOUR POSITION as the trade goes your way.

If you do this, then you won't be hanging around strange old men in long, ugly beards doling out their trading wisdom for a price.

#12     Dec 23, 2009
    toon likes this.
  3. EON Kid

EON Kid

If they have ET sponsor , they should also have a subtitle for author, vendor or snake oil salesman.

We need some disclosure on this board!

You could never sell anything promoting support and resistance, gullible noobs want the crème de la crème of indicators, systems, charts and the 100% sure thing setup.

#13     Dec 23, 2009
  4. EON Kid

EON Kid

What about pony tails, are they genuine?

#14     Dec 23, 2009
  5. EON Kid

EON Kid

Support and resistance two simple words and I can show you some simple examples, but there is nothing simple about it when is comes to real time trading, there are so many intricacies to it you will spend years refining your methods and setups, sure once in a way you may get the simple play which is obvious in hindsight, but there is much more to it and the best teacher will be your experience and journal.

#15     Dec 23, 2009
  6. Here here . . .

#16     Dec 23, 2009
  7. supremo

supremo

support and resistance is just a basic indicator. But it can still help you to decide/plan/make counter strategy whenever you have a doubt in your trade right? :)

#17     Dec 23, 2009
  8. unfortunately on a few other threads, he claimed he was just giving advice, and that the website and advisory stuff belonged to Andy Jordan

I pointed out in a number of places on the website, that he is very active in the business. He was very silent.

Too bad - he had a good rep, but is throwing it away to get a few free promos on ET's nickel.

#18     Dec 23, 2009
  9. bighog

bighog Guest

There are more than a single Joe Williams in the world. I would assume there are quite a few guys named Joe Ross, maybe a few women also. Where do you guys have proof this is the same guy from http://www.tradingeducators.com/

For all we know this guy could be using "JOE" as a comeon for free advice from the ET clowns. :D

PS: In years past i did purchase books from Joe and to make a long story short those books were expensive but did pay me back with enough tidbits to use.

Personally i have serious doubts this guy is the real deal. Lets see who can prove me wrong. :)

PS: These days i would not advise a raw rookie to spend about a grand on Joe's books because most if not ALL what a new trader needs to build a winning profession in trading is available for FREE on the internet. Anyway you slice or dice the trading game.....................it will not be a easy task. Be warned. :cool:

#19     Dec 23, 2009
  10. BSAM

BSAM

I hear you BH. But, go to page one and click on his name. That'd be carrying a hoax a little far. But, who knows?

#20     Dec 23, 2009