Support and resistance Question...

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by Kastro_316, May 11, 2004.

1. Found the site . . . time to tweek brains. Ask me questions I will always give food for thought. I will even direct you on the correct path. I will never give you all the information at once. I would prefer that you figure most of it out for yourself. You will trust what you confirm on your own over someone telling you it is correct. I also have a variation on an old saying, Teach a smart man to fish and in time he will improve on your techniques and kick your butt in a fishing contest. My compensation is in trading and the satisfaction of getting traders to think for themselves. The site charges for its Newsletter and access which works out to about $.80 a trading day per year . . . WOOO WOOO. I'm goin to Disneyworld.

#51     May 11, 2004
  2. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

Actually, he has a very good handle on it.

The truth of S/R is in the chart, not in something applied to the chart.

#52     May 11, 2004
  3. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

I hope it's not English.

#53     May 11, 2004
  4. BSAM

BSAM

Yep, that seems pretty exhaustive. I still think you have a one dimensional view as to how to construct a trendline. (There is more than one way to draw one.) However, it's not what I think/believe. It's what I see time and again. Trendlines do serve as support and resistance. No doubt about it. This debate (to me) is like debating whether or not we're in the month of May.

Anyways......

Best Regards,

BSAM

#54     May 11, 2004
  5. BSAM

BSAM

It can be, depending on one's point of view/approach. There's many good methods of trading. Not just one that dbphoenix would condone or that BSAM would condone.

I have been referencing the other kind. And again, db, "something applied to the chart" does exist.

#55     May 11, 2004
  6. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

The purpose of a trendline is to show the trend. If you're drawing it for some other purpose, then I suggest that it's something other than a trendline.

As for the S/R question, perhaps you could provide some examples, at least more than a few incidental ones.

#56     May 11, 2004
  7. I am new to Elite Trader and must bow to and respect an Elite member of thiis site. I do not make snide remarks to individuals trying to learn something as intense as trading. I can imagine that if the main concern of this site was grammer or spelling they would have named it, "Politically Correct Elite Trader" but alas they didn't.

#57     May 11, 2004
  8. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

Actually, you've been keeping up pretty well with the snide remarks. You'll be ready for Chit Chat any time now.

As for the grammar and spelling, if you teach college, I should think that they'd be second-nature. But apparently I'd be wrong.

#58     May 11, 2004
  9. BSAM

BSAM

#59     May 11, 2004
  10. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

Not the sort of tactic I'd expect. I've given away just about everything I know about PV in my thread and in what I've written. Not that it's any secret. Anybody who wants to do the reading and the chartwork can come to the same conclusions all by himself.

But if you're now going to suggest that you have some secret method of drawing trendlines that yields superior results, then this has all been a considerable waste of time.

And people wonder how post counts get so big.

#60     May 11, 2004