Supplies of valuable metals falling

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Ricter, Apr 26, 2012.

1. Ricter

Ricter

To blame? Liberals and regulation, of course.

"Levels of copper, cadmium, lead and other metals in Southern California's coastal waters have plummeted over the past four decades, according to new research from USC.

" Samples taken off the coast reveal that the waters have seen a 100-fold decrease in lead and a 400-fold decrease in copper and cadmium. Concentrations of metals in the surface waters off Los Angeles are now comparable to levels found in surface waters along a remote stretch of Mexico's Baja Peninsula.

" Sergio Sañudo-Wilhelmy, who led the research team, attributed the cleaner [read, metal poorer] water to sewage treatment regulations that were part of the Clean Water Act of 1972 and to the phase-out of leaded gasoline in the 1970s and 1980s. ..."

The culprit here is the Clean Water Act, championed by... well it sure as hell wasn't business that wanted it! The whole thing was a hoax, a money grab pure and simple, to redistribute from productive business to the scientific class.

I must be in a good mood today, to be sharing this damning information so openly! : )

2. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

Here you go, Ricter. I went back and found this old graphic in my hard drive just for you...