SuperVol's YM Trading Journal

Discussion in 'Journals' started by SuperVolatility, Feb 2, 2008.

1. <i>"Problems:
    I am still not able to fully utilize PivotPoints and Fibonachi retracements, can't read them. Not able to read tape to pick-out trend.

This is it for now, <b>I have attention disorder so can't write the whole thing in one sitting."</i></b>

With all due respect to the TTM guys and your screen setup mirroring theirs, that is way too much worthless clutter for anyone to work thru.

With an admitted attention disorder (very common) you are trying to decipher more data than it takes to pilot a small airplane.

If your screen real estate shows more than three windows of everything (max) it is not a big-picture view... it is clutter. less is definitely more when it comes to intraday trading eminis.

Pare it down :)

#51     Feb 21, 2008
  2. You want to share what you use?
    Feel free to upload.
    Thanks.

#52     Feb 21, 2008
  3. <i>"You want to share what you use? Feel free to upload. Thanks."</i>

Merely "uploading" what I use ain't gonna help you... so let's work with what you have.

The first screen chart is fine.

The second screen...

#1: YMH - YMM T&S and symbols screen below it are noise. They add nothing to your interpretation of pending price action. Nuke them.

#2: NQ 5min... n/a for a YM trader. Adds zero value, because those symbols are semi-correlated

#3: ES chart, same as above

#4: INDU chart, redundant to YM charts

TICK & trin are ok, adv/dec is lagging price action but ok. Those windows (at most) and one other chart of YM symbol being traded, big-picture filter chart would be fine.

#1 - #4 are hindering your decision process. They are overloading your senses with noise. You will also eventually learn to work without trin and adv/dec if not tick as well, but they are fine.

#53     Feb 21, 2008
  4. No trades today, have meetings all day.

Current balance 3480 down from 5,000 begining of Feb.

#54     Feb 22, 2008
  5. Unbelivable what a sudden volaility can do to you. Traded 6 contracts this morning and was UP +185.

Started trading the last hour and kept gettng stopped (10-pt) out. Bottom line today:
    on 21 contracts!

Caought myself impulse trading when started to get stopped out. Stopped. Market went to make newer high.

Sad situation.

#55     Feb 25, 2008
  6. My account balance is now down to:
    $3,245 from $5,000

Down -35.1% for February.

#56     Feb 25, 2008
  7. Started out good with 2 contracts +130. Afternoon hours started to screw things up, one accidental trade and 2 impulse trades.

Bottom line lost -$110 on 8 contracts.

No more trades for Feb. -- done.

I will increase my stop loss to 15 points given current market condition...it seems ticks come down just enough to wipe out my stops...and they head higher or lower for shorts.

Feb. P/L $1,895

Accout at $3,105 from $5,000

#57     Feb 26, 2008
  8. 1 long, 1 short - right out of the gate....out of bordom...down -120. I was not supposed to trade until Feb. was over.

Down $2,000 for Feb. From funding amoutn of $5K.

#58     Feb 28, 2008
  9. <i>"Down $2,000 for Feb. From funding amoutn of $5K"</i>

Consider that part of your overall educational cost to get from where you are now to where you need to be. There is no free education in this profession... everyone pays a price. The school of self-discovery, self-education and hard knocks is usually the steepest tuition of all.

Any skilled trader should always be able to know and understand what factor(s) are creating equity curve peaks or valleys at any moment in time. They must also be able to diagnose the resolution or "cure" for whatever ails success.

Until you have a complete understanding of what is not working, why that is and what your solutions are, further trading of real money will only result in -$5,000 lost at the end.

If you're sure of the solution(s) to turn things around, that's great. If not, strongly consider a pause in real money trading and switch to demo mode until adjustments are proven successful with no further needless cost suffered.

#59     Feb 29, 2008
  10. The problems is when I trade with simiulator I dont take losses and winnings seriously and as result...have little productive outcome...BUT perhaps I should change that approach and treat is as REAL money...
    I'll updtaing the this tread.

Thanks Austin

#60     Feb 29, 2008