Superstitious Traders?

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by dvshucks, Dec 27, 2005.

1. I was just curious if anyone was superstitious with their trading. I'm not talking about reading the stars to figure out if you're going to go long on Thursday. I've known people so superstitious about sports that they had to have the same people over to watch games an sit in the same seats to help their team win. Anyone do this with trading? Switch something up when you're in a losing streak or keep ordering tuna melt sandwiches for lunch when you're in a hot streak? Anyone have a lucky shirt? If I remember right, Cramer had a lucky green shirt to help end tough trading times.

I just thought it might be good for a laugh. I bought a CD January 31st and listened too it on my way to work on the 1st and that day started a streak for me where I was green 33 straight days and tripled my daily average from what I had been making, thus that became my lucky CD which I left in the player til I had a losing day. Luckily it was a pretty good CD and no I didn't keep it playing that whole time.

I realize none of this actually means anything but as an avid sports fan, its hard not to get a little superstitious about winning and losing. At the least, its entertainment if you don't take it too seriously