Superstition, Luck and Voodo, the Sequel

Discussion in 'Trading' started by rs7, Mar 16, 2003.

1. rs7

rs7

I realized today another superstition I have. This is one I have mentioned frequently in the ET chat room.

I never really thought of it as a superstition before. Don't know why not. I just thought of it as a hard and cold fact.

But whenever I have positions on, long or short. or even mixed, the moment I hear the voice of Bob Pisani, my positions go against me.

Which is pretty incredible. To be mixed and have your shorts go up and your longs go down with almost 100% consistency is nothing short of amazing.

Please, someone here with some influence.....get him a job with FOX (like so many other ex CNBC people). Where I work, we cannot change the channel. So because of this guy, I am sure to go through pain in my mark once an hour. The only sure thing in trading. Maybe I should sell my position list to subscribers to my "Anti Pisani" newsletter. Just take the opposite side of whatever I have on for a quick five minutes of guaranteed profits.

Peace, my brothers, and good luck NOT being in my positions when PissOnMe is speaking.

:)rs7

#21     Mar 19, 2003
  2. Trane

Trane

So in a game fraught with chance -- nobody has anything to say in regards to 'luck', 'superstition' or 'voodoo'? [​IMG]

#22     Mar 19, 2003
  3. rs7

rs7

Pretty hard to believe........especially since the original thread went on for hundreds of pages. Maybe all the traders have become "scientists" since last fall.

Peace,
    :)rs7

#23     Mar 19, 2003

4. i know little of voodoo but much of fading hoodoos.

surfer:cool:

#24     Mar 19, 2003
  5. Trane

Trane

I eat 3grams each morning -- does a body and mind good!

[​IMG]

All of my 'plays' come from this 'food of the gods'... Does this count as superstition or voodoo?

#25     Mar 19, 2003
  6. ZBEAR

ZBEAR

LOL
    Trane you are quickly getting on my good side.
    I'm gonna have to add you to my buddy list.

#26     Mar 19, 2003
  7. Trane

Trane

This is your world Z-Bear -- I am here for you...

#27     Mar 19, 2003
  8. ZBEAR

ZBEAR

That be wut is .......

#28     Mar 19, 2003
  9. Trane

Trane

Rs7,

Did I ever tell you about the time I dropped with Kerry Wendell Thornley? Or maybe it was Robert Anton Wilson. I was pretty loaded. Anyway, it was somebody with three names. Or was it three people who had one name?

Anyway...

#29     Mar 19, 2003
  10. Zuizo

Zuizo

Brings new meaning to the phrase:

~~~~Trailing~~~~~Stop~~~~~~~

-- Z

#30     Mar 19, 2003