Superstition, Luck and Vodoo

Discussion in 'Trading' started by rs7, Jun 19, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lundy

lundy

is there a mathematical formula to the markets? yes. Will the markets become extinct by it, no.

Science has it's place, but so does religion. Both are equally important. Many of the greatest atheists and impersonalists of all time, changed their philosophy when death was upon them.

Of course religion isn't going to bring the quotes to your screen, but the same can be said that science will never bring you lasting happiness.

#61     Jun 20, 2002
  2. stu

stu

well, i hope you never become obsolete for any reason Rs7 :)

#62     Jun 20, 2002
  3. stu

stu

you cant possibly prove that lundy

#63     Jun 20, 2002
  4. stu

stu

sorry lundy,
    I cant see how you can possibly prove or substantiate either of those claims

#64     Jun 20, 2002
  5. stu

stu

how can you possibly assume that science wont bring me everlasting happiness

#65     Jun 20, 2002
  6. As for aethiests who turn to religion at the end, it isn't a bad hedge is it? Just in case, you never know.

#66     Jun 20, 2002
  7. stu

stu

I love the way you dismiss the point by saying "Of course religion isn't going to bring the quotes to your screen..., "
    Why not?
    What's the difference in logic between knowing it can't but then believing that superstition will help to make a better decision when trading
    We know religion isn't going to bring the quotes to your screen, as a fact because you can query what we know and see scientifically not because we arrogantly assumed it or always knew it before science made it a fact.
    We assume so much, query little at our peril
    Likewise you cannot possibly know what will or will not give me or others everlasting happiness. No one knows or can prove it. Science not so far , religion says it can but can't prove it.

#67     Jun 20, 2002
  8. rs7

rs7

thanks stu......
    i have a teenage boy...he thinks i am obsolete....except when he needs $

#68     Jun 20, 2002
  9. lundy

lundy

theres no use arguing what can or can't be proven. You want something physically proven that is meta physical. There is no way you will ever understand it with your mind or brain.

You can't see air, but you can know it is there by certain other effects.

Likewise, you can't see life or spirit, but you know it is there by it's effect.

#69     Jun 20, 2002
  10. stu

stu

consider yourself lucky Rs7
    I have two teenage daughters.
    I think the obsolete to $'s ratio under such conditions is increased by a disproportionate factor of at least 10
    :)

#70     Jun 20, 2002
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.