Supermontage!!!!

Discussion in 'Order Execution' started by LeesonTrader, Jul 23, 2002.

1. chisox

chisox Guest

inkt, mstr, ctxs, wcom, and the rest of those high flyers

#41     Jul 27, 2002
  2. hmap1

hmap1

What really ticks me off is that ECN's seem to be afraid of what is happening with SM. They are afraid of loosing business. But the more I think about it, if I were an ECN, I would participate, gather my data and see how it effects my business. The bottom line is that ECN's could put Nasdaq out of business if they had the balls to do so. Have you noticed that no one has an interest in the ADF? It is not even ready for primetime. It doesn't even have an execution engine or FIX connectivity. This is just what the Nasdaq wants. It wants a puppet facility that is just there so no one cries monopoly. Watch, I bet it will get approved on Aug 16th even in it's current form. I really hope ECN's step up to the plate and take these people head on! Even if breaking away from SM would create market fragmentation, I do believe that this would be a short-term draw down which would once again level the playing field and lower costs and over time, increase the quality of executions. I don't know about you, but I HATE feeling like I am controlled by one organization. That being Nasdaq.

#42     Jul 27, 2002
  3. Did you think it was supposed to?

#43     Jul 27, 2002
  4. m22au

m22au

What's this about TESTA and TESTB being fake? My Dad bought these last week after his broker suggested he buy them.

#44     Jul 28, 2002
  5. hmap1

hmap1

You have got to be kidding right? TESTA, TESTB, TESTC, TESTD, TESTE......TESTV are ALL test stocks that are basically worthless. You must be joking and if so, i'm laughing!!!!

#45     Jul 28, 2002
  6. you mean i won't get paid my profits from testa?

:mad:

#46     Jul 28, 2002
  7. m22au

m22au

Are you serious about this test stock thing?

I got a quote for TESTA here

http://quotes.freerealtime.com/rt/frt/M?IM=quotes&symbol=TESTA&type=Quote

It was up 6% on Friday to $345. Maybe they'll do a split soon.

#47     Jul 28, 2002
  8. hmap1

hmap1

Please, quit pulling my leg on TESTA. IT'S NOT REAL. I traded like 20k shares of testa on thursday and made like 400k. It was for testing purposes. If someone gave you that recommendation, they screwed you big time.

#48     Jul 28, 2002
  9. canuck

canuck

just to let you guys know, Henry Blodget is higly recommending TestB - calling it the stock of the future. Growth rates of 120% per quarter, and he is calling for a price target of $1320.45 within the next 6 months. Losses and debts are also growing strongly.

Reiterate Strong Buy !!

#49     Jul 28, 2002
  10. I am confused as to how the Price/Size priority designation works for Supermontage. The three priority designations are:

1) Price/Time (the default)
    2) Price/Time with Fee Consideration
    3) Price/Size

From what I can tell, if participants designate their orders as having Price/Size priority, and the order is larger than all others at the same price, you jump right to the head of the queue and get executed first.

Isn't that inherently unfair? What am I missing here?

Wee

#50     Jul 29, 2002