Superior intellect - is that enough?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by LeonPhelps, May 2, 2007.

1. Have no idea who EB is/was but if he was a successful trader then instinct and/or intellect carried him through. Agree with idea of disciplined atheletes with high likelihood of good decision making skills and critical thinking.

Side note: instinct pulled you through in old days; doubtful is enough today.

#31     May 2, 2007

2. LMFAO :D

aahhhh... i love it

#32     May 2, 2007
  3. Allaces

Allaces

Yes I can tell that by your intelligent post :p

#33     May 2, 2007
  4. You did your SAT 20 yrs ago and still havent made it? You might be smart but you have no bottle otherwise you would have given it a proper go not just come on hear trying to give your flagging ego a lift. Actually why are you on here with so much little free time. Not too clever on the time management front are you?

Cheers

#34     May 2, 2007
  5. This about sums it up, but I'll add another big one: resiliency. It takes mental strength to sustain successive losses and keep trading; just shrug it off. That's what I struggle with.

#35     May 2, 2007
  6. Interviewed for MIT at some allum's house. Saw a MENSA plaque on the wall in the guy's office. Combined with his nerdiness, and I mean that in a bad way, shut down my desire to attend his alma mater. Have no clue about JS's IQ; may be 200 for all I know. Maybe ditziness is an act - dumb hot blond sells $$$. Could care less.

Point is intellect is important. Maybe mentioning IQ was red herring. Sure pushed some's buttons. Redact and replace with "critical thinking with intellect". Sheesh!

#36     May 2, 2007
  7. Different career path with success. Please read thread before shotgun response.

#37     May 2, 2007
  8. The simple fact you cant understand why people are having a pop at you shows a massive lack of emotional intelligence.

Cheers

#38     May 2, 2007
  9. BTW "genius" is generic, not specific ref to me. IQ 140+.

Trade baskets of equities long/short and mix of trend/countertrend index futures, mostly swing trades, intermediate length.

#39     May 2, 2007
  10. Pops welcome and encouraged! Just try to stay on topic IAAP.

Emotional intelligence?

#40     May 2, 2007