Superior intellect - is that enough?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by LeonPhelps, May 2, 2007.

1. Agree, wrong head = disaster regardless of IQ. But you take the right head with smarts and the sky is the limit.

#21     May 2, 2007
  2. All have blind spots. Somw you can drive a truck through. I qualified with "common sense". Seen many smarties with none.

#22     May 2, 2007
  3. Now you're talking. Where can one find that info on Ms. Simpson? :D

#23     May 2, 2007
  4. Yes, if you took a position for the right reason, then is correct despite the outcome. Need to be right ---> failure.

#24     May 2, 2007
  5. All that and an ass-load of work.

#25     May 2, 2007
  6. So you have special knowledge of sample bias in ET community? Please enlighten.

#26     May 2, 2007
  7. I believe athletic ability is better for trading then intelligence.

Athletes usually are better at coordinating price and have excellent reflexes. They make decisions very quickly and react instantly to obvious problems.

Someone with intelligence will often try to reason things out, take time to think and thats when they get caught up in the storm. You cant use logic and reason against the mad crowd. Instead, reflexes, quickness and coordination win out all the time.

Eric Bolling was a baseball player, not a doctor, lawyer or chemist.

#27     May 2, 2007
  8. Used only as supportive of premise in my question. Intellect is certainly more that standardized tests. What, did you want me to give my entire life history? The meat is in the question, not my 800 math SAT 20 years ago.

#28     May 2, 2007
  9. Besides the bands was he a good trader? I dunno. He sure knew a lot about math though.

#29     May 2, 2007
  10. Oh baby. Can't believe I missed this.

Nov 25, 2005
    HOLLYWOOD - In a statement released today, Jessica Simpson blamed Mensa, the high IQ society, for her split with Nick Lachey, her husband of three years. Simpson, 25, star of Newlyweds and The Dukes of Hazzard, claimed that her involvement with Mensa was "the straw in the ointment" that doomed her already shaky union with Lachey, 32.

"My husband, for whom I have the upmost respect, was threatened by my association with men with big IQs," said Simpson, who achieved notoriety for believing Chicken of the Sea tuna was actually chicken. "I tried to reassure my husband that size doesn't matter, but his infections were already alienated. He feared that he was in under his head."

Simpson had recently become the poster child for a Mensa recruitment campaign. The society, which boasts more than fifty thousand members in the United States—none of whom work in government—is open to anyone who scores at or above the ninety-eighth percentile "on an accepted, standardized intelligence test."
    In the first ad for the Mensa campaign, which will air on Super Bowl Sunday, Simpson appears in her Daisy Dukes cutoff shorts. She is sprawled on a bale of hay occupied with a volume of Kierkegaard. Stretching languorously she looks up from her book and says, "I'm tired of men who only look at my body when they see me. That's why I'm saving myself for a Mensa man."

#30     May 2, 2007