"superior intellect"--here's the deal

Discussion in 'Trading' started by razor99, May 3, 2007.

1. Do you think non-PhDs can't do what they are doing?

#11     May 3, 2007
  2. gov

gov

My experience as well, but then again, I was a member of the majority group... :) And I've never been bordering anything.

#12     May 3, 2007
  3. eagle

eagle

I bet your friend is a left-brained. According to recent finding, the direction searching (spatial ability) seems to use the right side of the brain. The IQ test is biased in favor of the left-brained people. While the right-brained people could has lower IQ but it doesn't mean they are less intelligent. So the IQ test should be reinvented to be fair with both group.

#13     May 3, 2007
  4. I've been told Southpaws should score higher on Wechsler. We rock. :)

#14     May 3, 2007
  5. gov

gov

Steve46, I assume you deleted that poorly thought out post of yours on the grounds that it actually proved how a condescending anti-social sociopath talks with people of ordinary intelligence? :D

Good one.

#15     May 3, 2007
  6. One

One

Any interesting specific examples or generalities to pass along?

#16     May 3, 2007
  7. A study in dysfunction. Most were underemployed due to their lack of social skills. On a positive note, I remain friends with someone from the group.

#17     May 3, 2007
  8. Corey

Corey

If I were a lesser man, I might take that bait, seeing as I am both a computer science major and attend an ivy league institution. We seem to take a lot of flak.

Too bad I agree with you. The majority of kids in my major have little or no social skills, and the majority of 'business' majors I know are pompous arrogant pricks who expect offers from Goldman, Merrill, and Lehman upon graduation.

I am no genius, but hopefully with some hard work, studying, a bit of humility (and a dash of confidence), plus this ivy league degree, I can get to where I want to go.

#18     May 3, 2007
  9. jem

jem

IQ tests do a great job testing how well your brain works with patterns. do not let all this liberal crap prevent you from recognizing some people are smarter than others. Oh yea those tests are so biased.

Ever take one. -- how can number patterns be biased?

Right brain , ______ brain - who cares you can either fill in the blank or not.

I would imagine there are a lot of right brain guys playing in the professional baseball. They are probably the mensa group of "right" brained guys.

However, please note I believe the right brain left brain thing has recently been discredited.

#19     May 3, 2007
  10. It's true many Mensa members are socially dysfunctional, but then that's where socially dysfunctional people with high IQ end up. Smart people with good (or even decent) social skills don't go to Mensa meetings.

#20     May 3, 2007