SuperGenius Jimmy Rogers on the NEW bailout.

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by W4rl0ck, Nov 25, 2008.

1. S2007S

S2007S

I have no idea why so many are cheering these bailouts by sending stocks up over 20% in the last few days, when will people wake up and realize whats being done now will only lead to greater problems down the line. I truly do not understand the mentality that some people have that actually think this is a positive for wallstreet and of course main street.

#11     Nov 26, 2008
  2. China? Oh no. He'd be drinking tee in Singapore. He'd consider Chinese water too dangerous.

You will see this guy get crushed by the commodities bubble. Now he is rationalizing it buy talking about inflation.

#12     Nov 26, 2008
  3. In defense of Jim Rogers, I believe he has mentioned that the commodity bubble cycle will last through 2018. Since he is a long term investor, I doubt one year will change his long term forecasts. Besides, Rogers has been spot on with almost all of his other calls.

#13     Nov 26, 2008
  4. Do you have a link to this quote?

Even long term investors don't hold onto trades that put them badly underwater. So, going by the description above, one could never be in a losing position if one is long commodities. This makes zero sense. Rogers blew the timing on this one. He should simply admit it.

#14     Nov 26, 2008
  5. AK100

AK100

Anyone noticed how the media these days portrays pretty much everything as 'history making'.

Hype, hype and more hype.

'History was made today as AK100 posted his first EVER comment on ET for 26/11/2008'

#15     Nov 26, 2008
  6. bidask

bidask

the problem is nobody will get elected if he says these things. he has to say the same bs that BOTH mccain and obama had to say to get elected. that's why things will never change. people who want to do the right thing will never get elected to a position of power so that they get to implement the change. the only way to get to that position is to JOIN the dark side.

#16     Nov 26, 2008
  7. achilles28

achilles28

Deck is stacked against the People. Agree there.

There is a glimmer of hope, however.

The System has documented its own corruption and treason. It just goes unreported.

If the message gets out to enough people, we've got a shot.

#17     Nov 26, 2008
  8. dtan1e

dtan1e

is it HAP US on bloomberg?

#18     Nov 26, 2008
  9. dtan1e

dtan1e

doesn't look like its doing too well this year

#19     Nov 26, 2008
  10. Thanks for posting Rogers has rarely anything interesting to say these days, just pumping his positions and ranting about Bernanke and 30 something in Maserati. But I don't get a chance to watch Alexis Glick over here.

#20     Nov 26, 2008