SuperGenius Jimmy Rogers - Bigger, Longer, Uncut!

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by W4rl0ck, Dec 2, 2008.

1. I always look out for Jim Rogers interviews and think that he is good value. He has done well, made some great calls and made a lot of money.
    However, before we call him a "supergenius" can we account for his calls in treasuries and grains?
    He's says he's short treasuries and long agriculturals. Well, the Tbond has got a 130 handle and the last time that happened was back in 1998 wasn't it? As for the grains, they are getting smashed at the moment.
    & also did he say that he is short the dollar and long chinese stocks?
    Just as well he is so rich. If he was a mere mortal he wouldn't have a pot to piss in...

#11     Dec 2, 2008
  2. I haven't seen any disclosures about Jim Rogers' *recent* wealth lately.

Wouldn't that be hilarious if he was in fact living off of his interest and his current 'buying' of China/short bonds/etc were $200/month entries ? (rather than the millions we are all so quickly to assume)

#12     Dec 2, 2008
  3. sumosam

sumosam

thanks for sharing the videos.

he is an engaging, charmer. he tends to say the same thing over and over again, i have noticed. but i did like a few of his "newer" comments. The interviewer, I agree, was actually intelligent and articulate....not like the usual cnbc airheads.:D :D :D

#13     Dec 2, 2008
  4. He is pretty well off but those falling in love with him are screwing themselves. He slips up here and there showing that his true intentions are not to help you and that he is not 100% truthful. I have some theories about his agenda and anyone, for that matter, supporting what China is doing.

Bottom line, I don't see him putting any effort or capital toward making a real change. Take him for what it's worth, he gives good amount of good info but use your own head.

#14     Dec 2, 2008
  5. dtan1e

dtan1e

just his hse in n.y. would worth quite a bit, not to mention germany, btw, to move to singapore u have to pay a certain sum

#15     Dec 2, 2008
  6. Stosh

Stosh

I read that he sold his house in New York for 16 million several months ago.......article said he had paid 1 mil for it some years earlier. Stosh

#16     Dec 2, 2008
  7. dave74

dave74

He called the Russia bubble perfectly (anybody else read that article? I can't seem to find it again). But was wrong on commodities continuing to go up.

I believe him on China because Buffett and some other top investors are saying the same thing.

#17     Dec 3, 2008