Superfund's Christian Baha consults Michael Covel?!

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by austin spare, Mar 12, 2006.

1. Thing is , is marketing a hedge fund not allowed in the u.s? Mind you, a good hedge fund obviously markets indirectly to institutions and high net worth people through networks not directly linked to traditional market vehicles.

I read somewhere that he is or was using TV ads, anyone know if this was done in the U.S?

#11     Mar 12, 2006
  2. Maverick74

Maverick74

Actually, technically it's a managed futures fund. You are allowed to advertise managed futures. The NASD has much stricter guidelines concerning this then does the CFTC.

#12     Mar 12, 2006
  3. how is superfund doing this year?

surf

#13     Dec 9, 2007
  4. Surdo

Surdo

The B Shares are -4.50% for the year as of last week.
    They suffered close to a 30% drawdown Jan-Feb earlier this year.

surdo

#14     Dec 9, 2007
  5. Didn't reach a new high watermark since spring 2003, talk about churning their clients with their excessive brokerage and fixed fees. Last 4.5 years it gave investors ZERO return with HIGH volatility. Baha knows why he focuses marketing his lemon to naive retail investors:

[​IMG]

#15     Dec 9, 2007
  6. 2002 +9.56 %

2003 +20.23 %

2004 +11.35 %

2005 -9.43 %

2006 +12.94 %

2007 -2.15 %

From "Superfund" U.S. prospectus :

$25.00 per round-turn transaction for brokerage commissions, where brokerage commissions are
    charged in U.S. dollars, a portion of which will be paid to the clearing brokers for execution and
    clearing costs and the balance of which will be paid to Superfund Asset Management, Inc. which
    serves as introducing broker for each Series.
    Brokerage commissions for certain foreign futures
    contracts to be traded by the Fund are charged in currencies other than the U.S. dollar. Commission
    rates for brokerage commissions charged in foreign currencies will be reset on the first day of each
    calendar month to the foreign currency equivalent of $25.00 based on the then current U.S. dollar
    exchange rate for the applicable foreign currencies. Daily fluctuations in foreign currency exchange
    rates will, however, cause the actual commissions charged to the Fund for certain foreign futures
    contracts to be more or less than $25.00.

Conflicts of Interest

Superfund Capital Management has a conflict of interest because it acts as the general partner and sole
    trading advisor for each Series. Since Superfund Capital Management acts as both trading advisor and general
    partner, it is very unlikely that its advisory contract will be terminated by each Series. The fees payable to
    Superfund Capital Management were established by it and were not the subject of arm's-length negotiation.
    Furthermore, the fact that Superfund Asset Management is an affiliate of Superfund Capital Management
    presents the possibility of Superfund Capital Management increasing the level of trading to generate greater
    commission income for Superfund Asset Management
    . See ""Conflicts of Interest.''

Artist: Musical "Fiddler on the Roof"
    Song: If I Were A Rich Man

"Dear God, you made many, many poor people.
    I realize, of course, that it's no shame to be poor.
    But it's no great honor either!
    So, what would have been so terrible if I had a small fortune?"

If I were a rich man,
    Ya ha deedle deedle, bubba bubba deedle deedle dum.
    All day long I'd biddy biddy bum.
    If I were a wealthy man.
    I wouldn't have to work hard.
    Ya ha deedle deedle, bubba bubba deedle deedle dum.
    If I were a biddy biddy rich,
    Yidle-diddle-didle-didle man.

#16     Dec 9, 2007
  7. I found this picture of Christian Baha from Superfund, it clearly shows how his business model works in detail:

[​IMG]

#17     Dec 10, 2007