superfoods for trading

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by SarahG, Nov 26, 2006.

1. volente, there is of course individual variance as to protein requirements...

but...

i think 1 gm per pound of lean body mass is a good benchmark.

it will keep you in an anabolic state, generally speaking, especially post workout.

if you are dieting, ie eating hypocaloric, it can often pay to up the protein a little bit

in brief.

if you are 200 pounds with 15% bf

you have 170 lbs lean body mass.

170 grams of protein would be good

1 can of tuna is 37, a nice 80 grams protein shake (sip on it throughout the day), 3 eggs (21 gms) and a nice fat chicken breast would get u there.

#51     Nov 28, 2006
  2. Gingko + moderate amount of coffee. I feel like I got a processor upgrade in my head with those in the bloodstream.

#52     Nov 28, 2006
  3. I could be mistaken, however, if memory serves I read somewhere that each standard egg yolk has the cholesterol equivalent of about one pound of ground beef. I'd stick with the albumin, the egg whites, that is.

#53     Nov 28, 2006
  4. (Psst. That's "protégé" or "protégée." You're welcome.)

#54     Nov 28, 2006
  5. Please be advised that in certain jurisdictions, those two words may not be used in sequence.

#55     Nov 28, 2006
  6. "I could be mistaken, however, if memory serves I read somewhere that each standard egg yolk has the cholesterol content equivalent to about one pound of ground beef. I'd stick with the albumin, the egg whites, that is."

that's wonderful except

1) dietary cholesterol =/= serum cholesterol

the link is tenuous at best.

i eat 6-9 eggs a day and have a VERY good cholesterol level AND a good hdl/ldl ratio

in fact, saturated fat has a much greater effect on serum cholesterol than dietary cholesterol does.

in a small %age of the population, eating 3 eggs a day is problematic.

for most of us - especially strength athletes - absolutely not

even the AMA has FINALLY (they are usually about 20 yrs behind the sports nutritionists) that dietary cholesterol =/= serum cholesterol.

cholesterol is also a substrate for a strong hormonal profile. iow, not getting enough cholesterol (and even enuf saturated fat) leads to low testosterone levels- bad for strength athletes

#56     Nov 28, 2006
  7. #57     Nov 28, 2006
  8. albumin is great.

it is pure protein and has a wonderful amino profile.

the yolks have many things that are good in addition to protein, such as fats, lecithin, minerals, etc.

if you get yer eggs from chickens that are fed the proper foods (vs. farm raised), egg yolks also have a high level of EFA's (essentialy fatty acids).

don't get me wrong. albumin is a great source of pure protein. i totally agree

egg yolks have a bunch of great stuff BESIDES protein, which is why i try to eat them too every day

#58     Nov 28, 2006
  9. Many years ago I had 4 protein shakes a day, 6 egg whites and 3 yokes raw, each day. Yes 24 egg whites and 12 yokes per day. After few years on this my cholesterol was perfectly normal. :eek:

#59     Nov 28, 2006
  10. sweeet.

one subject that i have still not resolved is whether raw albumin has lower bioavailibility (see: avidin).

there is a fair amount of controversy on this.

btw, the company "egg whites international" sells a really kewl product. it is a pasteurized egg white that basically has no taste or sliminess whatsoever, and the pasteurization (supposedly) fixes the problem of the bioavailability. it tastes like water.

raw egg yolks are HARDCORE>

if u want REALLY hardcore, throw some dried liver powder in that shake as well.

that is TASTY!!!

#60     Nov 28, 2006