SuperEgo

Discussion in 'Trading' started by super_ego, Jul 8, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. we adults here have a sincere interest in what you have to say. thanks. and please continue...

#21     Jul 8, 2002
  2. i agree. are we not here to hopefully learn something from eachother? we have someone willing to share their knowledge with us. it seems we also have a bunch of people who are basically trying to get him to stop. if you don't like what super_ego has to say, don't read his posts.

#22     Jul 8, 2002
  3. lundy

lundy

Although I don't beleive that a moving average has any benefit to ones trading decisions, I do think that you are absolutely hilarious SE.

Keep it comin! :D

#23     Jul 8, 2002
  4. Moving averages are irrelevant? You're walking around blind without a cane, pal!

#24     Jul 8, 2002
  5. you can call me every name in book, just keep the info. coming
    how about the games the MM's play to inflate prices etc.....

#25     Jul 8, 2002
  6. <center><b>Stochastics</b></center>

You can use stochastics on ALL your charts. The parameters of the stochastics can be tweaked for each stock/futures to obtain a consistency in the fluctuations of the indicator. Generally, stochastics are used with 15,5,3 parameters. But learning to read them is an art in and of itself.

Depending on the instrument you trade, you can use the 80/20 level to gauge overbought/oversold levels. This means that when stochastics reach the 80 level you consider equities to be IN THE AREA OF OVERBOUGHT. Conversely, when stochastics reach the 20 level you consider equities to be IN THE AREA OF OVERSOLD. I emphasize "in the area of overbought/oversold" to simply suggest that you don't blindly buy/sell as soon as stochastics touch the 80/20 level. This is very important to remember, since you can be in an extremely strong downtrend (identified by observing the relationship of the 5MA to the qqq's) and the stochastics can stay below the 20 level and never come back up!

For general entry into long positions (other than the situation I just mentioned) stochastics should be AT OR BELOW THE 20 LEVEL.

For general entry into short positions (again, other that the case where stochastics are hugging the 80 level and won't come down) stochastics should be AT OR ABOVE 80 LEVEL.

All the details of stochastics entry will come in the future. For now lets look at some charts with stochastics overlayed.

SE

• pic6.gif
      File size:
      55.3 KB
      Views:
    #26     Jul 8, 2002
  7. If you have trouble viewing the attachement in the last post, try and expand your browser window to full screen. That should work out the problem.

I don't know why it goes crazy like that.

SE

#27     Jul 8, 2002
  8. Stochastics

Here is an example of stochastics on a daily chart. The stochastics stay below the 20 level and move sideways as the stock sells of POWERFULLY.

• pic7.gif
      File size:
      24.4 KB
      Views:
    #28     Jul 8, 2002
  9. Glad to entertain you, Lundy. LOOK! There is a bottom in the market. Go get it Lundy!

SE

#29     Jul 8, 2002
  10. ANCHOR

ANCHOR

Hey,

I find Super_Ego's thread to be the most interesting read I have ever had on ET. I am not trying to put anyone else down because many people post some good advice but right know I am enjoying what Super_Ego has to say. Let's just let him talk!

#30     Jul 8, 2002
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.