SuperEgo & Tony Oz Education session

Discussion in 'Trading' started by TonyOz, Jul 9, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thx, yes, and a very nice number it is. I too prefer my #1 to be + and 2 > 3. :D

PS > I'll check the book.

#51     Jul 9, 2002
  2. davealex

davealex

Although I use the Oz scanner and follow (a slightly modified) version of Tony's system, I am also interested in what I can learn from SE.

And contrary to SE, every "guru" I have ever taken the time to listen to has given me at least one interesting insight or tool.

Trading systems are not a zero-sum game. Just because one is right does not mean all others are wrong. Alan Farley does quite well with his tactics. So do Brandon Fredrickson and Toni Hansen. So does Bo Yoder. Same with Jay Yu. Ditto Vadym Graifer and Chris Schumacher.

They all trade very differently and yet they all have something interesting to offer.

-- Dave

#52     Jul 9, 2002
  3. nick88888

nick88888

SE

Im sure that you are quite busy trading. But, It would be helpful to your many students, myself included, if we could have some sort of training schedule.
    Thanks-

#53     Jul 9, 2002
  4. Bono

Bono

And I would add that you'd learn something different from every single one of them, even if it was a slight reminder that discipline is VERY important, because guess what ? Sometimes, even the brightest of us, forgets about discipline.

One last thing guys !!! What is the definition of a "Guru" please ? Is that someone who makes the most money trading ? or is it someone who has the most trading knowledge ? Or is it the one who has written the most books ? or instructed the most courses ?

Guess what ? I don't believe there's any such thing as this term : "Guru". Every single profitable trader with basic trading knowledge is a "Guru" of his own, and I believe has something to teach the rest of us. And even those who aren't that profitable may have something to teach as well.

Good Trading !

#54     Jul 9, 2002
  5. TonyOz

TonyOz

I got a meeting in 15 minutes, but here is an attachment of the some of the results on the scanner right now. maybe someone here will find it valuable with 45 minutes to go in the session.

Tony

#55     Jul 9, 2002
  6. nkhoi

nkhoi

#56     Jul 9, 2002
  7. davealex

davealex

My definition of a guru is anyone who says, "C'mere and let me show you how to do that better. I used to do it like that, too, but I found a better way."

-- Dave

#57     Jul 9, 2002
  8. Babak

Babak

What they share in common is that they are gentlemen. They are humble, but confident in their abilities. They do not insult others so that they can feel better about themselves.

I agree with others, SE is another sick joke by our local troll (TradeRX, shortnfool, doogie, faster, etc.). How many times has he switched nicks? how many times has he admitted later to having 'fooled' us? This is a person who needs attention and will do whatever is necessary to get it. The most recent example was his "journal" which never started nor ended but generated 40 pages of drivel until finally the moderator closed it off.

This is a very sick (clinical) individual who needs some serious long term therapy.

#58     Jul 9, 2002
  9. rs7

rs7

Yup, I am sure you are right..I just misread what he said. Ooops:confused:

#59     Jul 9, 2002
  10. Of course I want attention! I want people to listen to me so that I can help them become better traders.

If all these gurus exists and most of all the traders out there have seen at least one guru. Then why are they not making any money? I am not talking about 2 or 3 traders. I am talking about nearly EVERYONE in all of the proprietary outfits that line up every major city and every major BLVD. And don't give me that "traders make 2-300 dollars per day bull, cause those same traders lose 4-5 grand on one trade and then they are wipe out of their whole month's earnings.

It is guys like you that keep the generators on these $5000-a-pop seminar gurus pumping.

SE

#60     Jul 9, 2002
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.