SuperEgo & Tony Oz Education session

Discussion in 'Trading' started by TonyOz, Jul 9, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. It would seem that with se's explosion onto the ET scene and from what I've read so far, that se came to play with more than just his wang in his hand. If I were a betting man, I'd have to think that he has a plan for posting his trading track record, etc.

Seems to me like so far he has been playing these boards like a violin, and most likely is prepared, to make his trading performance post, at a well planned time. Maybe not, but whatever the case may be, this entire deal is a fun read!!!

#41     Jul 9, 2002
  2. Nice Idea Tony

Have Fun

Robert

#42     Jul 9, 2002
  3. TonyOz

TonyOz

Funny, very funny.

Trading Records are over-rated

I really don't care if you post them or not, I just replied to your request for me to post them. My feeling is that it doesn't matter how well you trade your system. The question is always, "can I make money trading the same way you do?

To prove my point, allow me to quote you, "I have learned nothing from these so called gurus" and I stand by this comment 100%."

I would say that in my four books, I basically given every trading method I utilize. I even went the distance and proved that my system worked when challenged to do it on a certain date (The Stock Trader). I published the tool (Oz Scanner) and money management system I used to win 3 stock-picking contests (How to Take Money from wall Street). It is there black on white. My trading record backs up my books, but still YOU did not learn one single thing from it.

In short, my profitability as a trader, and my writing of the methods I use, were still a waste of your time.

Consequently, by your own logic, I don't see a need for you to post your trading records.

I am only interested in your ideas and to see if I can make money off them

Let me know what day in September works for you.

Sincerely,

Tony Oz

#43     Jul 9, 2002
  4. Some intersting fun on a slow day! Yeehaw!

#44     Jul 9, 2002
  5. I'll bet the FBI won't let you change your name because you're in the witness protection program? :p

SE, that's the funniest thing I've read in a while.

#45     Jul 9, 2002
  6. TonyOz

TonyOz

Good questions,

I'd say about 8-15 issues is about right for 2 weeks. I normally trade off the Oz Scanner (80%+ of my trades come from there). I try to cherry-pick the best setups. I lose on some and hopefully make more on the others. Nothing fancy, just real-time stock selection based on scanning criteria.

The big change I have made this year is no overnight analysis. After 16 years of doing this, I appreciate every minute I can take off - I know my family certainly appreciate it.

Tony

#46     Jul 9, 2002
  7. Your trade log was very educational, thank you for posting. I noticed not to many trades past 1 PM, is that typical for you, or was that just that particular period.

TIA.

Joe

#47     Jul 9, 2002
  8. rs7

rs7

Thanks for the reply..and I am with you on the overnights. They made me a lot of money over a lot of years, but the last 18 months were a disaster. Now I too sleep better at night without them. (just wish i had cashed in on my personal long holds).
    And yeah, my family appreciates it too. My wife doesn't have to put up with me sweating the globex futures at 5 am.:)

#48     Jul 9, 2002
  9. I think he means that he doesn't do any overnight preparation.

#49     Jul 9, 2002
  10. TonyOz

TonyOz

It is very typical, because most trades are entered in the am and if held overnight, most trailing stops trigger the following day(s) in the am as well.

There is only one stat I care about. That is on bottom where it says:

1.Total Profit
    2.Largest Winning Trade
    3.Largest Losing trade.

I want the first number to be positive, and the second number to be larget than the third number. That normally tells me that I trade well. If you have the book, The Stock Trader, page 231 shows how I like to analyze my trades.

Got to run,

Tony

#50     Jul 9, 2002
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.