Super Montage..

Discussion in 'Order Execution' started by Don Bright, Apr 2, 2002.

1. cartm

cartm

i have a question, will we still need smart order routing w sm and has anyone heard of the island ecn getting into the fut biz. does anyone know when they will start and are any other ecns doing this. also, how will the sm prevent the mms from palying their games, or will it. thanks

#31     Apr 4, 2002
  2. *******NASDAQ********
    *****SuperMontage*****

The next generation in white-collar crime.

***This will be the same game as before, only with slightly different rules and new things to remember.

#32     Apr 5, 2002
  3. Can anyone confirm what Thug was saying earlier about Super Montage requiring a T-3 connection or a Nasdaq workstation. I have actually heard some stories similar to this previously and it is starting to concern me somewhat.
    Is this going to leave remote traders shit out of luck?:eek:

#33     Apr 5, 2002
  4. BSAM

BSAM

Well said bung. Gee, I'm getting more and more confused already. Who wrote "Animal Farm"? Wasn't it George Orwell. No, maybe it was those pesky MMs.:D

BSAM

#34     Apr 5, 2002
  5. Bottom line: If my fills get easier and faster, I don't give a damn who executes me... if, on the other hand, my fills get much harder and I must wait longer, then we will conclude that Supermontage IS indeed a set-up to benefit the market makers... the proof of the pudding is in the eating...

If the latter case becomes the reality, we can always fall back on NYSE trading, which will remain unaffected...

#35     Apr 5, 2002
  6. The MM's can't make it TOO hard to trade, or they'll be left with no one to rob.

#36     Apr 5, 2002
  7. My prediction: Eventually (probably within a year after the introduction of SuperMontage), if a common trader wants to hit the bid/ask, the only 3 execution systems he can use will be SuperMontage, Island and Instinet. All the other ecn's won't generate enough liquidity on their own and will join Supermontage, much like how LSPD has already joined SuperSoes.

#37     Apr 5, 2002
  8. Josh_B

Josh_B

Not too familiar with OTC trading, but what is LSPD?

Josh

#38     Apr 5, 2002
  9. MarketXT ECN which became the first ECN to participate in SuperMontage. THus its MMID was changed from MKXT to LSPD.

I disagree that other ECNs will become participating ones like LSPD. The possibility of dual liability and thus the taking of proprietary positions is too great. I do however agree that we will have fewer ECNs to execute against because the smaller ones will be acquired or fail.

#39     Apr 5, 2002
  10. you understand me, finally,

someone understands me.....

#40     Apr 5, 2002