Super Money Grid

Discussion in 'Forex' started by ElectricSavant, Dec 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Maybe I am missing the sarcasm. Is this EA intended to be a cautionary tale (as are all grids)?

#41     Jan 6, 2012
  2. atticus

I just do not want to represent anything other than caution. It is not my perogitive to get anybody to trade this. If anybody takes this live it is not my fault ☺ Gridding is a long-term commitment (trap in the beginning) and thou needs to consider what thy is doing before starting thus.

However...for those that want to contribute some analytical threasholds...that would be why I am posting this thread. I do not have all of the answers and am seeking advice.

Thanks for reading.

I improved my graphs atticus and thanks for the admonishment earlier.

ElecticStatesThatYouNeedDeepPocketsSavant

#42     Jan 6, 2012
  3. Start Capital:
    $2,000.00
    # of Days Traded: 10 (Start = 12/29/11)

Profit:
    $53.43
    2.67%

Float:
    -$344.01
    -17.20%

NAV:
    $290.58
    -14.53%

[​IMG]

#43     Jan 8, 2012
  4. Those lines widen....I wonder when they will turn around? Will the pull of the orangered line cause a gradual rise in the steelblue line?...or will price go up enough to take out all of the buy orders and we get a reset?

I am looking at nearly 15% drawdown currently...and the price can move much more according to the historical range...something seems wrong with the 2K start bal...I am thinking that the EUR/GBP requires more.

So this thread is providing me some more info...I still wish some of the analytical experts could contribute here....

ES

Bold Orange Red line = Balance, Steel Blue line = Equity:
    [​IMG]

#44     Jan 8, 2012
  5. It has only been 11 calendar days and I predicted that it will take about thirty calendar days to get the positive NAV. We will see. However I do believe this account is undersized...The start capital should be double so the yields on this thread should be halved and start capital of 4K should be used. But you can add capital to this 2K account if needed. Heck..you could start with 1K and add when you think it is needed. The point being.. is that this sort of system (EUR/GBP, 500:1, Hedging counts as one, 0.01 lotsize) requires at least 4K eventually.

I spoke to one gridder who just checks his account each week, but it is another type of system. He stated he has 10K in his account and has seen 30% drawdown before. I think he trades cable. He carries a positive NAV as he has been doing this for years, but wishes to remain anonymous.

Could you folks accept 25% a year for several years with low maintenence?..then this thread should interest you . Do I trade it, No...Not yet...I am too new to grid trading and I want to see how this thread turns out. One word of warning...any grid that uses a martingale that is not semi-automatic...run far away from as I have lost thousands of dollars with that sort of acceleration.

Current state of affairs:

Start Capital:
    $2,000.00
    # of Calendar Days Traded: 11 (Start = 12/29/11)

Profit:
    $55.17
    2.76%

Float:
    -$328.41
    -16.42%

NAV:
    $273.24
    -13.66%

#45     Jan 9, 2012
  6. What is you plan for the grid if the low or high range is breached? Do you continue or pull the plug? Do you have a spreadsheet to come up with the drawn down based off open positions and position sizes? So are you saying after 30 days that your account balance will be at par and then it goes into profit from there with a max draw down built in?

#46     Jan 9, 2012
  7. I have none of this...Perhaps you do?

ES

P.S. geez LCFX...what did you do to drive so much traffic over here? There is all of a sudden over 2300 views over here...I didn't write this EA, I just found it out there and thought I would have some fun and watch it trade...then I posted this thread to get more analytical info...I hope no one is trading this.

#47     Jan 9, 2012
  8. I haven't experimented with grids much... just trying to learn.

#48     Jan 9, 2012
  9. LCFX,

There is over 4000 PIPS to breach. I think I have confused many with using the high and low to calculale them.

I have trouble getting a PIP value for a growing grid, so my drawdown figures are incorrect and I cannot sustain 4000 pips with 2K and I have no idea how to make an accurate spreadsheet. Heck....I cannot even calculate a 15 pip grid space as the EA overlays itself with the gyrations.

This is a fricken crapshoot that I might need to keep throwing money at...There are some talented mathematicians here that would know. Glad I am not live. I shall re-evaluate in 30 Days.

This has been a slow Monday today.

ES

#49     Jan 9, 2012
  10. ...not much today. Perhaps the London Open gives PIPS.

It won't be long now until that steelblue line gets right up to the bold orangered line and the NAV will match the banked profit which is $55.17 at the moment. If this EA made $55.17 per 2K per month that would be 33% APR (cut that in half if 4K is needed).

[​IMG]

#50     Jan 9, 2012
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.