Super Money Grid

Discussion in 'Forex' started by ElectricSavant, Dec 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I ran some errands and when I came back....Another trade!

Start Capital:
    $2,000.00
    # of Days Traded: 5 (Start = 12/29/11)

Profit:
    $24.55
    1.23%

Float:
    -$95.66
    -4.78%

NAV:
    -$71.11
    -3.56%

[​IMG]

#21     Jan 3, 2012
  2. Calling all Mathematicians!

How wide will the grid build?

Will it suck the system dry if two years of carry occur without enough trades to cover the "cost of carry" accrual?

Is the destiny for the Super Money Grid one that ends with price trading between the grid lines and no more trades occur?...

Is Electric one handsome good looking guy?

ElectricIsWastingHisTimeAgainSavant

P.S. You all know the truth...you are looking for blood at the scene of the accident!

#22     Jan 3, 2012
  3. lol

Wonder if any big money uses this with limit orders only in futures market. Isn't it basically market making?

#23     Jan 3, 2012
  4. zr...well I do not know....stay with this thread and lets watch what happens...

I do know one thing...This sort of trading scares me...

I am not live...but I treat my forward tests on my Demo's veeerrrry seriously. I wish we would get a HUGE move so it would help me visualize what will happen and how much money I need. Also it would tell me how long there would be no trades in a "wide grid" environment. Those salmon and blue lines are alway expanding and contracting as trades are placed....so it is not simply to scrole back and look...

I do not want anybody taking this live...(that is a risk I am taking for posting such a thread as this) but if the more experienced folks read this thread...please POST!

The author of this EA has a deluxe version...But I do not think he will give it to me...

ES

P.S. There is an unbalance control for the ones that goose this EA with a progression...I would never martingale such a thing...so I do not use unbalance control. But if someone wants to try and post their reports in this thread go for it! just do not do it with real money!

#24     Jan 3, 2012
  5. Somebody might want to try with 2k with these settings below on GBP/USD m15 (I do not know what the timeframe has to do with anything)

Remember use 1:500 and 10 cent a pip lot size (1 cent per pippette) lotsize..try to find a dealer that counts a hedge as one trade and offers unlimited demo accounts. US residents...just forget it...move.

user_slippage=2
    grid_size=60
    take_profit=65
    profit_lock=0.9
    min_lots=0.01
    account_risk=100
    progression=0
    unbalance_control=0

Be prepared for 10% drawdown...maybe 20%...

#25     Jan 3, 2012
  6. For those of you that are progression hounds..(you are very foolish..but use 1 if you must).

enter 1 in progression for D'Alembert type progression.
    http://www.swapme.net/mroops-free/Mr Oops D'Alembert.pdf

2 for marty

now I hope this EA uses the correct D'Alembert...I did not write this EA...Heck when I look at the code it looks like Chinese to me...I am not a coder.

Let me know.

ES

#26     Jan 3, 2012
  7. Start Capital:
    $2,000.00
    # of Days Traded: 6 (Start = 12/29/11)

Profit:
    $26.51 ($4.42 per calendar day)
    1.33%

Float:
    -$109.14
    -5.46%

NAV:
    -$82.63
    -4.13%

[​IMG]

#27     Jan 4, 2012
  8. Start Capital:
    $2,000.00
    # of Days Traded: 6 (Start = 12/29/11)

Profit:
    $28.77 ($4.80 per calendar day)
    1.44%

Float:
    -$121.42
    -6.07%

NAV:
    -$92.65
    -4.63%

[​IMG]

#28     Jan 4, 2012
  9. Hey LCFXTrader...

Man that was one heck of an EA we built...what was that called?...TFX Traders or something like that?

Those were the good ol' days. The days when I did not give up.

LOL

ES

Hi ES. I checked with CitiFX (50:1) and they allow hedging for U.S. customers due to their banking status. The drawback is a $10K opening deposit on a live account. Mer off of FF is in the U.S. and opened a live acct with FinFX (200:1) that also allows hedging. Now we just need to invite Wolfe from ForexTSD and it will be like old times again developing an EA. :D

#29     Jan 4, 2012
  10. NAV -4.63%?

#30     Jan 4, 2012
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.