Super Money Grid

Discussion in 'Forex' started by ElectricSavant, Dec 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. so far so good...

Float: -$82.30
    Banked Profit: $16.01

ES

P.S. always the same evaluation with the Super Money Grid and systems like it...Can it last long enough for the banked profit to exceed the Float?...and then to continue until the original initial investment can be removed ($2,000.00)?

#11     Jan 2, 2012
  2. jrlvnv

jrlvnv

Does this go long and short at the same time?

#12     Jan 2, 2012
  3. #13     Jan 2, 2012
  4. Start Capital:
    $2,000.00
    # of Days Traded: 4 (Start = 12/29/11)

Profit:
    $18.04
    0.90%

Float:
    -$100.72
    -5.04%

NAV:
    -$82.68
    -4.13%

[​IMG]

#14     Jan 2, 2012
  5. First, thanks for sharing.

However, i am convinced that real investment strategies and systems are not free online catch.

The obvious flaws, as you for sure know, are:
    1- The idea based on the historical bottom and top will continue in the future or it will be within reasonable standard deviation. However, this is could be completely untrue.

2- These forward Demo/real testing means nothing. You are actually testing the persistence of the historical bottom and top.. This should take decades not day by day.

Thanks again for sharing and hope success for it.

Good luck

McGene

#15     Jan 2, 2012
  6. thnx mc..

This is exactly the type of feedback I was looking for.

Remember the 21 year historical top and the bottom was just used to estimate the range and how much start capital to use. There is no other significance (other than I started closer to the high than the low).

I could probably just use the price from zero up to double the high (20,000 pips) and use 10K?

Naturally there are never any guaranty's in trading. For me I just want to size the account correctly. We all know this type of non martingale grid trading needs deep pockets.

I think that I will continue with this 2k test and recognize that there will be a decade where I might need to add dollars. What I am most curious about just now...is when the open orders get to be in the hundreds what will the cost of carry be compared to the actual trading that takes place? In other words...Does the grid get so wide that there are not any more breaches of the average trade prices to give daily trades to cover the cost of carry?

ES

P.S. The whole decision making process changes if I were lucky enough to last long enough to get the original 2K back and be able to withdraw it.

P.P.S. There may be a technique to manually take off danglers, but I do not know how it would affect the logic of the EA ....

#16     Jan 2, 2012
  7. Moves like this over years of time cannot be good...

[​IMG]

#17     Jan 2, 2012
  8. Start Capital:
    $2,000.00
    # of Days Traded: 5 (Start = 12/29/11)

Profit:
    $20.15
    1.02%

Float:
    -$99.55
    -4.98%

NAV:
    -$79.40
    -3.97%

[​IMG]

#18     Jan 3, 2012
  9. The price is rising and we are leaving a trail of sells behind it. This is good as it might take out all those buys and it is equivalent to a grid reset. We must see price rising above 0.83869 (the candles are formed with the ask line).

The grid is not that wide at the moment (the # of PIPS between the salmon line and the blue line...these lines are dynamic and moving with each new entry...so you can't scrole back and look at the logic of the exits).

ES

#19     Jan 3, 2012
  10. Another set of shorts executed...the blue line breach did not happen....the grid widens.

Start Capital:
    $2,000.00
    # of Days Traded: 5 (Start = 12/29/11)

Profit:
    $22.72
    1.14%

Float:
    -$86.66
    -4.33%

NAV:
    -$63.94
    -3.20%