Super Money Grid Back by Popular Demand

Discussion in 'Forex' started by ElectricSavant, Jan 30, 2012.

1. My answer is most traders are gambling .. the really consistent profitable traders are not gambling.

#31     Feb 12, 2012
  2. mcgene4xpro..

do not forget to vote in that thread!

Thank You.

ES

#32     Feb 12, 2012
  3. mc revealed some valuable time-saving info. Currently this system illustrates 4x more balance than what he tested with a similar system. Super Money Grid uses 4K and 0.01. Remember there is nothing special about Super Money Grid and I found it in the public domain....I did not code this. mc did mention that he made 100% with a 1500 pip buffer. I do not know if he left the 100% in his balance....if he did then Super Money grid may be in trouble. I do not know what pair he tested on either and if his lot scheme stayed static at 0.1 lot (He hinted at a decreasing lot scheme, which reveals a directional bias). Remember Super Money Grid is a pure grid without directional bias and there is not any increase or decrease in grid space or lot size. The market decides. It is traded on EUR/GBP which is a lower range pair with lots of chop...many gridders use EUR/GBP or EUR/CHF.

As mc realizes the market is unpredictible and a system that is "always-in" will always be exposed to this unpredictibility. Traders like to limit risk with "shorter-term, in and out type of ride the wave" systems. Longer term investors/traders are facing other puzzles to solve and ignore micro trends. I like to call Pure-Grid™ Long-Term traders TradeVestors™

It is possible to trade Forex longer term. Read some posts here in ET by the handle "oldtime". You might grab some "thought processes" and some "gems" in his posts to "make your own" for your own trading.

ES

#33     Feb 12, 2012
  4. Start Capital: $4,000.00
    # of Calendar Days Traded: 13 (Start = 01/30/12 mst)
    Profit: $105.57
    Float: -$98.66
    NAV: +$6.91 Percent: +0.17, Projected APR: 4.87%

[​IMG]

#34     Feb 12, 2012
  5. Start Capital: $4,000.00
    # of Calendar Days Traded: 13 (Start = 01/30/12 mst)
    Profit: $108.00
    Float: -$109.59
    NAV: -$1.59 Percent: -0.04

[​IMG]

#35     Feb 12, 2012
  6. Yes, i kept the profits and was increasing starting lot size based on equity " using MM". You can notice that from attached test graph in my previous post.

I used it with EU. My system was using indicator to enter so that is why i used calculated lot size. However, the indicator signaling was very close to gridding because it has no much filter. The adjusted sizing was to cancel the effect of variable spacing between orders. As i said before, it was similar strategy that i modify my EA to work very similar to the tested EA in this thread. Again, the directional bias was minimized to the lowest.

This was my 2 cents.

Good luck all and thanks

#36     Feb 13, 2012
  7. mcgene4xpro,

I fail to see any simularities....

1) You used an indicator.
    2) You traded a different pair.
    3) You used MM.
    4) You had a 1500 PIP buffer.

The smallest difference of 1 pip in grid spacing or the timing in the placement of the order affects the outcome.

The smallest difference in lotsize affects the outcome.

Any change no matter how small in the entry based on any filter affects the outcome.

ES

P.S. Pure-Grid™ entry does not have any bias, filter or variable. It is simply the placement of like-orders incrementally based off of price action.

P.P.S. I have yet to find any "indicator-based grid" that survives. But there may be some out there.

#37     Feb 13, 2012
  8. Please note the projected APR is around 30% for this system. During the current conditions the system is underperforming its projections. As the system ages during the 365 day period the projections become more accurate (it has only been 14 days). In the beginning the projections can swing wildly and should not be considered for anything useful. I will keep an eye on them and as they age they will become very important in the evaluation of this system. The puzzle lies in the capital required for survival. The higher the capital requirement the lower the yield. For those of you scaling your capital in and out there are spreadsheets out there for you to properly calculate your APR's with. Please wait for further evaluation of this system to take it live and the decision must be yours alone to do so. For those of you that have more experience in gridding please share your results/comments, meanwhile I will attempt to illustrate in a fair and balanced report. There have been no changes made in the way this system trades during this thread. The way to optimize your results is to vary the capital used.

Thank-You for reading.

ES

Start Capital: $4,000.00
    # of Calendar Days Traded: 14 (Start = 01/30/12 mst)
    Profit: $109.88
    Float: -$100.05
    NAV: $9.83 ROI: +0.25%
    Projected APR: 6.39

[​IMG]

#38     Feb 13, 2012
  9. There seems to be an increase in viewers to this thread this AM. I do not know if there is a link out there becoming more active.

But this study of this PUBLIC DOMAIN EA should be considered as a study only and not an endorsement by me, EliteTrader or any contributors to this thread.

Please do not be bashful...You will get more out of EliteTrader by sharing and contributing.

Post here your thoughts about this system..I do not bite. My goals with this thread are to discuss trading and to grow.

ES

#39     Feb 13, 2012
  10. Start Capital: $4,000.00
    # of Calendar Days Traded: 15 (Start = 01/30/12 mst)
    Profit: $112.04
    Float: -$105.85
    NAV: $6.19 ROI: +0.15%
    Projected APR: 3.74

[​IMG]

#40     Feb 14, 2012