Super Money Grid Back by Popular Demand

Discussion in 'Forex' started by ElectricSavant, Jan 30, 2012.

1. All these orders....and so little margin used...

Start Capital: $4,000.00
    # of Calendar Days Traded: 7 (Start = 01/30/12 mst)
    Profit: $71.27
    Float: -$17.86
    NAV: $53.41 Percent: +1.34, Projected APR: 70%
    Boundry Width: 23.5 PIPS Margin Used: $7.86

[​IMG]

#21     Feb 6, 2012
  2. Start Capital: $4,000.00
    # of Calendar Days Traded: 8 (Start = 01/30/12 mst)
    Profit: $89.76
    Float: -$40.29
    NAV: $49.47 Percent: +1.24, Projected APR: 56%
    Boundry Width: 45.5 PIPS Margin Used: $15.78

[​IMG]

#22     Feb 8, 2012
  3. Start Capital: $4,000.00
    # of Calendar Days Traded: 9 (Start = 01/30/12 mst)
    Profit: $96.52
    Float: -$105.27
    NAV: -$8.75 Percent: -0.22
    Boundry Width: 61.9 PIPS Margin Used: $26.38

[​IMG]

#23     Feb 8, 2012
  4. Start Capital: $4,000.00
    # of Calendar Days Traded: 10 (Start = 01/30/12 mst)
    Profit: $98.34
    Float: -$70.40
    NAV: $27.94 Percent: 0.70, Projected APR: 25%

[​IMG]

#24     Feb 9, 2012
  5. The ongoing Saga...(like a Timex watch...just keeps ticking). There are ups and downs in NAV and it is a down just now.

EUR/GBP looks extremely bullish to me. So maybe this system can be tested throughly.

Start Capital: $4,000.00
    # of Calendar Days Traded: 10 (Start = 01/30/12 mst)
    Profit: $105.57
    Float: -$148.84
    NAV: -$43.27 Percent: -1.08

[​IMG]

#25     Feb 9, 2012
  6. Hi,

I would like to say I have tested a very similar strategy and it failed at the end. Simply because the market can go beyond the expected/precalculated historical limits. My test has generated 100% after about 6 months and then had a DD of 90%. So, I closed the test and stated that it failed.

Good luck.

#26     Feb 11, 2012
  7. mcgene4xpro,

This begs the question how much capital did you use up? Did you size the account correctly as a price cannot go in the same direction forever...

There is no martingale here...this is pure gridding and this grid is built to sustain thousands of pips against it.

Instead of saying it doesn't work...I will need how much it doesn't work with? Does the amount needed destroy the yield? Yes there is an amount that this will survive with, because...again...price cannot go in one direction forever and it would not be fair to state that the price will continue until there is no money. In economics we are taught that because we live and die in a finite number of years that definitions of yield...sustainability...loss...ratios and the various other measurements are not neverending. But our government can last several generations and can keep printing money...are they a failed system?
    The 20Y historical range has been noted and I believe this system is sized correctly. Naturally, One could add money to it to buy more time in an extended move. How much time? How much money? Because these two questions cannot be answered does not make this system a failure.

One important question that should be answered. CAN YOU SUSTAIN MONTHS MAYBE YEARS OF A SUSTAINED MOVE PSYCHOLOGICALLY WINNING OR LOSING?

Traders, use this thread to learn about trading and yourself rather than just a downloadable system to make or lose money with. Discuss your concerns and your observations. Live to trade and trade to live. Are you a trader? Why do you think I posted this system publically here in ET? ANSWER: FOR THE DISCUSSION! THIS SYSTEM IS GENERIC ENOUGH TO BRING ABOUT FRUITFUL DISCUSSION FROM NOVICE TO THE MOST EXPERIENCED.

ElectricThereIsNoDenialHereSavant

#27     Feb 12, 2012
  8. Folks...really read my post above...debate with me... I want to provoke thought.

Thank-You for the entertainment and you will be a better trader after this thread. I promise.

HaHa...look at this thread below to discover is Trading "Not Gambling"? (The answer lies within YOU!...did you vote?)
    http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=47844

ElectricBreakingThroughIsJustASegmentOfTimeInADirectionalessIllussionSavant

#28     Feb 12, 2012
  9. xiaodre

xiaodre

Fascinating. Glad you brought this one back.

#29     Feb 12, 2012
  10. Thank you ElectricSavant for your response. First, i did not post to discourage any one of you. I just tried to bring the fact that Market is Unpredictable to your attention. I know you know it and your tactics to solve this is by using statistically ENOUGH ( enough here is depatable) historical data to PREDICT !! the max move could happen without significant retracement. That is fine. Also, the system gives you chance to add money once you feel ylou need to add to keep yourself in the game.

FYI, i used 10K balance and starting lot was 0.1 lot. I used this 0.1 lot to get significant profits. However, i know this would increase the risk but this is what i have done. Again, the tested system is similar not the same. It is completely gridding and not martingale at all. Actually, it was decreasing amount of successive trades not increased based on its calculation. It was NOT martingale at all.

The basic idea for my testing is to make system sustain about 1200 to 1500 pips against you before the significant retracement. Also, this should give you 200-300% profits yearly. Surely, this was over stretching the system and i know this percentage of profits could be decreased and at the same time i could make the system breath more with markets to accommodate thousands of pips on the opposite direction. But again this is what i have tested.

Your question regarding the psychological state during long periods of profits or loss is highly relevant and i have no answer for this. However, i think diversification your portfolio could help.

I agree with you about the main goal of the thread is to learn more about markets, trading and ourselves. and i am with you in this.

I wanted to share with you my test results so all could learn and share.

Thanks again..
    I enjoy your threads and posts.

Good Luck all.

#30     Feb 12, 2012