Super-Cycle Leaves No Economy Behind Before Davos Summit - Bloomberg

Discussion in 'Economics' started by abattia, Jan 24, 2011.

1. bkveen3

bkveen3

1) That seems to be in line with the kind of work 3rd world citizens do in their economies.

2) What evidence do you have of this. Things will be produced in whatever country has a comparative advantage in the production of that good. The United States currently has the largest production capacity it has ever had. Please tell me you don't associate job losses with capacity losses? Maybe you should take a look at what technology has done to productivity.

3) The more westernized parts of the developing world have already expressed their love for American consumer goods. I don't see this ending abruptly.

4) Never claimed to be a professional. Just an optimist.

Sorry it took so long to reply.

#11     Feb 8, 2011
  2. Eight

Eight

I've been saying for more than a year that the conditions are right for beginning a very nice expansion. The bailouts are what is holding economies back. Once they stop the madness, maybe repeal Obamacare too, then businesses and individuals will have less taxation and more certainty in their outlook. The mood is already good for expansion, the bottom comes when the pessimism is the greatest and I've not sensed much pessimism on the street level for more than a year, pessimistic economists maybe, but they are always lagging reality/business cycles by about sixty degrees

#12     Feb 8, 2011
  3. TGregg

TGregg

Sure it can. Actually, population growth can have a negative correlation with economic growth. Too many liberals and other assorted deadbeats end up being a drag on growth rather than helping it along.

However, one can make the case that one needs production gains to support economic ones.

#13     Feb 8, 2011