Super Bowl: is it really super?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by blackguard, Jan 30, 2004.

1. Super Bowl is another example of how the public, esp. the American public can be duped and led around like sheep. I mean people gather around a box (that's right BOX!) to watch steroid taking, illiterate, overpaid 'athletes' do something which is more hype than sport.

want a real sport? try soccer (real futbol), or rugby which is essentially amrerican football without the helmets and padding. Id like to see one of these American 'athletes' play that game! I guarantee they would be crying or quitting after the first 5 minutes.

Anyway, I want someone to time how much of the Super Bowl braodcast is actual playing time and how much is commercials, hype for other tv shows, and other garbage. Report back to me monday morning with this info.

Just a thought.

2. Yes, let's all switch from the NFL to a sport with a running clock so no one knows when it's really over, fake injuries, no scoring, and lame substitution rules.

3. Maverick74

Maverick74

Yeah, I would love to see your face after you got hit by a 260 lb linebacker who can run a 4.3 40 as your body lifts off the ground and starts flying backward only to land and hit the grass forgetting your last name or where you are. Yeah, that would be a sight.

4. Pabst

Pabst

The very fact that America doesn't embrace soccer demonstrates our vast superiority over the rest of the world.

5. then he will talk about his mama too!