Super Bowl 2020 Halftime Show With Jennifer Lopez & Shakira

Discussion in 'Music, Movies and TV' started by themickey, Feb 2, 2020.

1. themickey

themickey

Watch the Super Bowl 2020 Halftime Show With Jennifer Lopez & Shakira

2. Wallet

Wallet

Why endure it a second time?

FriskyCat likes this.
  3. themickey

themickey

Was it no good? o_O

4. Wallet

Wallet

I’m sure their were a lot of people who liked it. Honestly, imo, it was over the line for prime time family viewing. I expected a costume malfunction, but I realized you’d need more clothes for a malfunction.

Just stating the obvious, there seems to be an effort today to victimize women when they are seen as sex objects and vilify those who do.

Then why show & shake your crotch, hump a pole on national tv encouraging the behavior you detest.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2020
  5. Pekelo

Pekelo

Sign me up. I guess you are American where violence is OK on TV, but God forsake you see a little skin.

Should have been a bunch of octogenarian white dudes shooting guns?

6. themickey

themickey

When women show their bodies, some only imagine sex while others just wish to admire their beauty, no sexual thoughts involved.
    Wanting something and appreciating something is a nice mind shift.

7. Wallet

Wallet

I’ll buy that to a degree. I’d ask one question, would Shakira or J.Lo wear that to a 10 year old’s family birthday party? I’d guess not.

I’m not naive, sex sells. Specially in that business, people buy tickets expecting such. But half time of the Super Bowl, primetime family viewing..... was over the line imo.

8. Wallet

Wallet

That’s why we have ratings. PG, PG13, R etc. so families that wish to filter what their children view can make an informed decision.

Last time I checked 6-8pm is on a Sunday night, regular tv stations limited content.

9. Pekelo

Pekelo

What was so adult about the dance? If you take your kids to the beach they see way more skin.
    Stop being so prudish. Not to mention parents knew beforehand it was going to be 2 Latinas, it was obvious they are going to shake their asses.

10. themickey

themickey

When I was watching it, my main thinking other than admiring the scenery was, "Wow! Look at the amount of work & preperation that's gone into this!! :) "
    As well, conscious of the genuine safety risks with the pole dancing and from the dance routines.

#10     Feb 3, 2020