Supalgo

Discussion in 'Journals' started by themickey, Jun 17, 2018.

1. themickey

themickey

Just now sold/written off COB & LVH, Cobalt Blue & Livehire. (Cobalt play in the Republic of Congo and a labor hire agency)
    These were small speccy plays which didn't work out, so dumped both at a loss.
    COB 18500 units x $0.218 ea
    LVH 12500 units x $0.309 ea
    Currently holding 21 positions and up $5051 for the day.

#61     Nov 6, 2018
  2. themickey

themickey

On open bought;
    GTK Gentrack, 1550 x $6.60 ea Software supplier to utilities, Airports, water, energy
    SDA Speedcast, 2500 x $4.07 ea Satellite communications

#62     Nov 7, 2018
  3. themickey

themickey

From the second I placed the buy on SDA it went against me for the whole day.
    Annoying when that happens as I was anticipating a breakout to the upside, instead it hammered me after I bought the top.
    Will leave it be until tomorrow and if no recovery will prolly abort the position.

#63     Nov 8, 2018
  4. themickey

themickey

Just now bought:
    BPT, BEACH ENERGY, 5780 x $1.73, Oil & Gas player
    OMH, OM HOLDINGS, 7150 x $1.42, Manganese Mining & processing.
    These positions I have played numerous times.
    I am bullish oil from this point.
    Also OMH which has a PE12 is good value considering it's returns and lack of volatility which is good for longer term traders.
    That's now 23 long stock positions holding.

#64     Nov 15, 2018
  5. Mo06

Mo06

Interesting journal, I trade the miners quite a bit, especially AAL, BLT, GLEN, all on the LSE. They tend to be quite volatile, I always check the price changes of BHP, RIO, FMG (up 378 BPS at the moment, 30 mins before London opens), NCM and a few others on the Australian exchange prior to the London open, sometimes gives me a clue as to the direction for the day.

One thing - odd to see the P:L ratio expressed as a percentage.

#65     Nov 16, 2018
  6. themickey

themickey

I thought my journal was or is too boring to most people, however, now I've started am going to continue.
    The reason for wanting to continue is to prove to myself more than anything else that my algo is a good goer. Also because from time to time I post all my results I don't wish to be seen to be cheating, hence I post every trade.
    However in my enthusiasm of running and 'proving' the algo, I have over committed myself a bit too heavy into positions while the markets I'm following are tanking.
    Nevertheless my drawdown is quite low, this weekend I will post all results so we keep this real and a good look at how I'm travelling in a tanking market.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2018
    #66     Nov 16, 2018
  7. themickey

themickey

SDA is suffering from malaise of a generally soft market imo.
    Have looked at it closely and it appears it is quietly being accumulated, there are some large funds buying according to market announcements, Lazard, UBS Group, Challenger Ltd, along with this announcement earlier this week...
    "Sydney, November 12, 2018– Speedcast International Limited (ASX: SDA), the
    world’s most trusted provider of remote communication and IT solutions, today
    announced that the company has been awarded multi-year contracts in multiple
    countries to enhance existing global services for Schlumberger, the world’s leading
    oilfield services provider.
    The newest improvements include equipment and network upgrades leveraging
    the latest in modem and terminal technologies in countries such as Pakistan,
    China, Australia and New Zealand, adding to an extensive list of global network
    enhancements awarded earlier in 2018 by this customer. Technology upgrades for
    sites in Latin America as well as secure network upgrades and new services
    commissioned in the Gulf of Mexico, Southeast Asia, Europe, Middle East and
    Sub-Saharan Africa further demonstrate the strength of the global partnership
    between the two companies, which have been working together for over 10 years
    in the most challenging remote and harsh environments. "

#67     Nov 16, 2018
  8. themickey

themickey

As promised here is a total wrap up on trades on this journal, from 1st to last most recent trades and a summary on results.
    I began listing on my spreadsheet trades alphabetically, but now am logging them on spreadsheet as per time sequence.
    The spreadsheet is updated via Googlefinance/Google sheets and accuracy is +/- 1/2cent.
    The first trades began early April 2018, so been going 8 months, during this time the ASX gold index is up 1%, ASX mining up 5% and ASX All Ords down 1%.
    My brokerage cost is 1.35% of current portfolio.
    Current total result is -2.39% (drawdown) which is about the amount I could make on 1 to 2 days of good market trading conditions.
    Pics below are listed first as all my sold positions, then all my current holding positions.
    1.png

2.png

3.png

4.png

5.png

6.png

#68     Nov 17, 2018
  9. themickey

themickey

Just now dumped my position SDA, Speedcast. 2500 x $3.54. Took a loss of $1384.90.
    This turned out to be one of my dumber trade positions.
    Originally placed the trade on the belief and hope on a breakout which never eventuated.
    Upon reflection, should not have entertained the idea, all I can think of is I was living in lala land with that position when placing the trade. Am kinda kicking myself as although it is a stock with good potential, my timing was wrong and I was being a tad too optimistic.
    ASX has been open 1 hour and down while portfolio is up $3086 since open.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2018
    #69     Nov 18, 2018
  10. themickey

themickey

Pleased I hopped out of SDA, it fell 5.6% today, closing at $3.37.
    ASX market down today 0.6%, my portfolio for the day up $7823.00

#70     Nov 19, 2018