Supalgo

Discussion in 'Journals' started by themickey, Jun 17, 2018.

1. themickey

themickey

Selling the following positions.
    BGA X 700 X $7.51
    CAB X 10000 X $2.29
    TME X 4500 X $4.455
    VHT X 36000 X $0.765
    WGX X 14000 X $1.40
    Got hammered on WGX last 2 days, therefore decided to clean the slate of the above stocks, the algo has been fine tuned somewhat since inception and improved and these stocks don't make the grade to be included as reliable.
    I've paid a price on forward testing, but there always is, fleshing out teething problems.
    Mkt is horrid lately, best position is being flat, which I'm not, still holding 14 positions.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2018
    #31     Jul 24, 2018
  2. themickey

themickey

Just this minute bought:
    WHA X 5000 X $1.14
    Wattle Health which is actually in Consumer Staples sector, food, infant milk formula.
    Keeping my positions sizes small atm.
    They have signed a deal supplying to India & China.

#32     Jul 25, 2018
  3. themickey

themickey

Just bought on open;
    BPT, Beach Energy, oil, gas, 8288 x $1.85
    MIN, Mineral Resources, iron ore + Lithium, 888 x $17.14

#33     Jul 25, 2018
  4. themickey

themickey

Just now bought:
    PNV, POLYNOVO, 10000 X $0.51, Medical.
    Keeping sizes small until I bed supago, but it's looking better all the time.
    Wednesday's purchase of WHA, up 35% in a couple of days.

#34     Jul 27, 2018
  5. themickey

themickey

Update for the week.
    Another small deterioation in results, largely as a result on 2 large hits on gold positions, SBM & WGX, St Barbara & Westgold Resources.
    WGX was dumped early during the week, SBM still holding and not intending to sell at this stage.
    The deterioration in my trading portfolio of late can be attributed to my enthusiasm to live trade supalgo asap and diversifying away from my traditional hunting ground of metals/resources only method.
    My previous method was in and out of large parcels of familiar stocks as metals trended up & down.
    Now I'm trading more frequently into unknown stocks.
    My main reason for creating supalgo was because at previous times I could be sitting for weeks with barely any trading awaiting metals trend changes. That makes life a little boring, however it was effective. So I decided earlier this year to create an algo which contained most of my trading theory and convert into a formula and try it out on anything ASX.
    In spite of the fact my earlier profits are slipping through my fingers of late, I'm happy about how it's all going. I need to experiment via live trading because that keeps my addrenelin level up, to feel the fear, to make this thing work, which I'm confident it will. Also posting it on ET as a journal is baring my results to the world, no point fooling myself, it is what it is.
    The coding has been long, fine tuning gone over hundreds of time. Last week during the night about 2am I wrote down an idea regarding a volatility formula which I have been trying to get my head around for years (yes years) and coded it into supalgo first thing in the morning and I was left impressed.
    That formula spotted for me WHA which has put on 35% in a couple of days, and also PNV which I bought on close Friday, this coming week will see how that goes.
    3.png
    4.png

Last edited: Jul 28, 2018
    #35     Jul 28, 2018
  6. themickey

themickey

Just now sold WHA, 23% profit after brokerage.
    5000 X $1.415
    Has shown signs of heavy selling, so taken the money off the table quick smart.
    Will get back in later if it looks ok to do so.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2018
    #36     Jul 30, 2018
  7. themickey

themickey

Just now bought TGN, Tungsten Mining
    8700 x $0.565

#37     Jul 31, 2018
  8. themickey

themickey

Just now bought
    COB X 18500 x 0.555
    Cobalt Blue

Tungsten Mining bought yesterday up 8.5% today.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2018
    #38     Jul 31, 2018
  9. themickey

themickey

Weekly update. Portfolio slipping yet again slowly.
    Had a couple of good wins though on recent selections, WHA up 22% and TGN up 17% in just a few days of holding.
    I think though this week coming I will liquidate a number of positions until the resources sector settles down.
    3.png
    4.png

#39     Aug 5, 2018
  10. themickey

themickey

Sold near close today:
    TTT 9650 x $2.245
    BUB 24500 x $0.665
    TGN 8700 x $0.675
    Lighting the portfolio.

#40     Aug 6, 2018