SunGard dumping Assent/Andover prop trading business?

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by RichSohn, Jun 10, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RichSohn

RichSohn

JWKirkland,

This rumor is being generated first hand by YOUR traders. You guys should sort this out internally if it is indeed false. No, it's not a rumor from a "friend of a trader's sister that her cousin's uncle's best friend knew the brother of a guy that told his neighbor". So, maybe you should just tell your guys to be quiet then. Obviously, some of the branch managers are indeed concerned enough to pass this info along to their traders.

#21     Jun 11, 2003
  2. RichSohn

RichSohn

hahahaha! whatever, believe whatever you want. you're wrong...like most of the trades you probably get into. damn pikers all over this board.

this guy obviously has some beef against worldco, since he always associates anything negative with that company. obviously, he lost a lot of money in the market and got dicked over by the firm. ashamed, he has to blindly attack everyone on this board about it.

pretty lame.

#22     Jun 11, 2003
  3. First of all, none of "MY" traders believe the crap you posted.

I am not concerned with it.

I do believe that you do have an agenda with this entire thread, otherwise who gives a crap? You do not trade with ASSENT do you? What do you care?

We just keep trading, and the point is that whatever happens, happens.

We will just keep trading.

I do find it interesting when ASSENT just opened an office in the PAST WEEK in Las Vegas and had leased more space in Los Angeles for traders recently.

#23     Jun 11, 2003
  4. quote from Shortsqueazed
    It is uncertain to me what offices are viable and which are not.
    Protrader.com shut down all of its offices except two in Austin
    and Irvine; but from what I have read these two have
    been picked up by ETG (etgtrade.com). But which of the list
    of ETG offices http://www.etgtrade.com/whereweare.htm
    are viable? Momentum was aquired by etradeprofessional.com
    but they have closed all the Texas offices:
    http://www.etradeprofessional.com/PageStructure/mstOfficeLocations.asp (so even the map is not up to date).

Assent seems to have a viable office in San Francisco and
    New York; but what about the others?

#24     Jun 11, 2003
  5. Magna

Magna Administrator

As often happens on these threads, the discussion turns to various offices, the latest 'n greatest, etc. Let's please keep things on topic, that is, whether SunGard is divesting itself of Assent. Nothing more. Thanks.

#25     Jun 11, 2003
  6. I like the way you changed my post:)

#26     Jun 11, 2003
  7. This thread should be closed in the first place. There is NO foundation for any rumor, that is the reason for people stating the viable offices.

#27     Jun 11, 2003
  8. If Sungard's goal is institutional and hedge fund business then why would they want to carry offices with traders who trade at firm cost? Daytraders are a liability to any high-end clientele firm and prop-trading daytraders are the biggest liability of them all. So you couple this with the fact that Andover ramped up volume by giving away commissions to get a deal done with the liability issues then I see a house cleaning E*Trade style.

#28     Jun 11, 2003
  9. Magna

Magna Administrator

At a number of member's suggestions I have closed this thread. Down the line if there is some further information regarding this issue (outside of more rumors) then please start another thread. BTW, I want to thank everyone for showing restraint, as these discussions often get quite emotional.

#29     Jun 11, 2003
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.