Sun Tzu Helps How?

Discussion in 'Strategy Building' started by Mut1ey, Oct 23, 2003.

1. Mut1ey

Mut1ey

ChrisRT,

No I have not read the Lundell book. I did however read the Krause(?) book on applying the art of war to business. That one wasn't much use as it was too high level. At what level is the Lundell book aimed?

Mutts

#11     Oct 23, 2003
  2. "In peace prepare for war, in war prepare for peace."

when the market is going nowhere, prepare for it to go somewhere. when the market is going somewhere, prepare for it to go nowhere.

or maybe...

when the market is going up, prepare for it to go down. when the market is going down, prepare for it to go up.

#12     Oct 23, 2003
  3. ChrisRT

ChrisRT

Pretty much "while you are in the bathroom" reading. Gives a verse from the AOW book and then gives a small paragraph about that passage's relevance to trading. Then off to the next page. Does this about 100 times.

#13     Oct 23, 2003
  4. Because of Plan do Check Action (PDCA) - I will repeat the Deming's mantra until everybody knows it by heart :D.

#14     Oct 23, 2003
  5. Mut1ey

Mut1ey

HarryT

I'm not sure what Deming and TQM have to do with Sun Tzu etc. but I'm prepared to be enlightened

Mutts

#15     Oct 24, 2003
  6. In order to make it big this is one thing you must need. I'm still working on increasing my size.

#16     Oct 24, 2003
  7. Thanks for the great post. I have not even thought about Sun Tzu as it applies to trading, rather only my difficult wife. LOL.. Thanks for STEP 3 - Attack by Stratagem.....I am going to buy a copy of the art of war today.
    Roberto

#17     Apr 16, 2016
  8. I just want to say think you. Again, this was a great thread and I found a book by someone on this subject. I am going to order it in a bit as it is only $35. Here is the link for anyone interested.
    http://www.artofwaronwallstreet.com/

#18     Apr 17, 2016
  9. Great post

#19     Nov 22, 2016

10. Read phsychology threads and you will understand why

#20     Nov 22, 2016