Summers said the rebuilt U.S. economy must be more export-oriented

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by ASusilovic, Jul 17, 2009.

1. Ummm, its not that Bush and his cronies did ANYTHING right or good, its just that Obama and HIS cronies are EVEN WORSE

#51     Jul 18, 2009
  2. 50 years of 2-party stupidity (and don't forget to add: duplicity/complicity/toxicity) is more like it.

#52     Jul 19, 2009
  3. BINGO!

I don't understand how the Obama supporters can't see this.. :mad:

#53     Jul 19, 2009
  4. I would strike some of those words, particularly gov't. :D

I would add

thrift
    frugality
    saving

We have a nice piece of land & used to have a small garden.... If anyone has ever grown any vegetables at home.... you would be amazed at how much food a small garden produces, and its easy to can the overflow for winter. We have a mainly organic farmer's market every saturday morning & the prices are pretty good, but i'm still thinking of starting another garden. the veggies & fruit in grocery stores taste like crap most of the time.

how's that for more trading talk?

#54     Jul 19, 2009
  5. .........................................................

In the case of govt....

The "improvement" would be to "dramatically reduce"....

And thus "dramatically restructure"....

#55     Jul 19, 2009
  6. indexer

indexer

Do you flash freeze your excess veggies or can/jar them?

#56     Jul 19, 2009
  7. Honestly, I don't think we'll see anything along these lines until The Revolution.

The Government treats the people as a "source of funds" for all they want to do.

This Obama "change" business is really just an acceleration of "more of the same".... more control and influence into people's lives, more control of the nation's wealth.

The USA is managed like a Congressional and Administration oligarchy... and until "we the people" wise up and force a change, there won't be one... I don't expect it in my lifetime.

#57     Jul 19, 2009
  8. ...................................................................................

Well now....

Was not long ago that over 70% of the US population was agrarian.....now less than 1% and falling....

Also....one can imagine what rural land prices would do....if a significant part of the population.....would want to become "somewhat" self sufficient....

By the way...."Bell jars" when no refrigeration is available or cheap enough....."meats" salted....smoked....

And the price of "bell jars" if "needed by many" again ?

For the masses....the ag future will be Monsanto, etc....along with genetic alterations....

Efficiency demands it....

#58     Jul 19, 2009
  9. ........................................................................................

As you already know.....one can handily think of proper solutions.....the problem is "implementation" as you have pointed out....

Perhaps more important....is to know how to make the world one's oyster....as it would apply to one's self....

Wiser perhaps to fight a battle one can actually win in a reasonable time frame ....?

One has to become very independent....

More complex perhaps....

But freedom is a very very good thing....

One should create the situation such that one's main problem would be the selection of what one wants to do this fine day....rather than being forced to do what one really does not enjoy....

#59     Jul 19, 2009
  10. Scataphagos, you are so full of crap. You sit here and rant about how your rights have been trampled on so severely in the 6 months of the Obama Administration. Can you name what has changed in 6 months. Maybe the wiretaps are more aggressive now? This is so silly. We don't live in China and no one in the government is kicking your door down because you hate Obama. Just like no one was when I was ignoring all 8 of the Cheney years. Your faith in the Republic party is greater than mine of the Democrat party. We just had 8 years of those guys and things weren't so great. Can we give the new guy 2 years before we make a judgment? Damn it you guys are just insane.

#60     Jul 19, 2009