Summers receives $5mil from hedge fund

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by jficquette, Apr 5, 2009.

1. Obama has the most corrupt adminstration in history.

By JOHN D. MCKINNON and T.W. FARNAM
    WASHINGTON -- Top White House economic adviser Lawrence Summers received about $5.2 million over the past year in compensation from hedge fund D.E. Shaw, and also received hundreds of thousands of dollars in speaking fees from major financial institutions.

A financial disclosure form released by the White House Friday afternoon shows that Mr. Summers made frequent appearances before Wall Street firms including J.P. Morgan, Citigroup, Goldman Sachs and Lehman Brothers. He also received significant income from Harvard University and from investments, the form shows.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB123879462053487927.html#mod=testMod

2. DE Shaw is a great shop. I wish I could get as a gig there, even if it was only for a year or so...

3. Don't we have a short memory. Let's add up the war profiteering from Bush/Cheney and see which is greater. $5 million would not even pay for one day of a no-bid contract in Iraq.

4. moarla

moarla

well i have to say, following obama in europe this week, he makes a great job.
    I remember Bush junior the fucking kid...
    what a shame....

be nice to your president, he is not the financial crisis, YOU GUYS are the problem...

consumtion without money zzzzzzzzz

5. I agree that Obama is a breath of fresh air when it comes to public speaking, answering quesitons, etc. However I am not completely sure how much of that is just because everyone's been watching the chimp for so long. Obama, McCain, Kerry, Gore; they all seem like Toastmaster Generals compared to what we had been listening to.

I wish his (Obama's) policies weren't so contrary to my opinions.