Summer Top

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Brandonf, Jun 30, 2003.

1. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

I dont generally like to look for tops and bottoms, the odds tend to be against you. However, we are in a long term downtrend, everyone is very friendly towards the market and the market is finally showing real signs of stalling out. I think that IF the summer top is going to come, its going to be in here. Some names to look at.

Short
    SPY
    QQQ
    BRCM
    KLAC
    KRB
    MER
    COF
    BK
    MAY
    ESRX

Some longs
    AOL
    JDEC
    CIT
    FCX

I'm on vacation but was doing scanning this weekend and tonight and this is really standing out. Do with it what you will, have fun, always use stops...all the std disclaimers.

Brandon

2. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

Also yesterday we had an inside narrow range day in most of the indexes. With the range constriction we could get a trend day today.

Brandon

3. Will123

Will123

Looking good B, you have given us a nice morning. Go enjoy your vacation.

4. Hey Brandon,

Nice to "hear" from you. Glad to see you are taking a vacation...you deserve it!

Deron

5. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

I made it back home for the weekend and have spent a lot more time scanning. Im still pretty much feeling as I did when I first wrote this and would continue to feel that way unless we can get the SPs and the Semis to break above the tops of their most recent range. Summer is usually a slow (and down) part of the year. A lot of people have wasted a ton of time and money trying to time the top before a signal was in. Now we do have some if you are interested in playing the market that way.

Brandon

6. <top before a signal was in>

7. must be all those new highs;)

8. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

Fun in the sun. Are you going to be in Chicago?

Brandon

9. I seem to believe good old Arch Crawford looking into the STARS and coming up with July 7th as the TOP of a LARGE B-WAVE.

Lucky Charms!

10. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

Sounds good to me. I myself am partial to my crystal ball, lucky quarter and tea leaves.

Brandon

#10     Jul 6, 2003