Summer is here - time for action

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by Nobert, Jun 1, 2020.

1. Nobert

Nobert

In all areas of your life.

timestamped

Last edited: Jun 1, 2020
  2. Mesida

Mesida

A new life doesn't start on Monday, New Year or Summer, it starts when you're really ready for it.
    Of course, I welcome people in every way when they come to the gym, but I don't think there is anything stupider than fitting your visit to a nice date, Monday or the beginning of the year. All these beautiful dates are a fiction.
    A person should realize, feel why he or she needs it, what he or she wants to change in his or her life and what he or she really wants, it's just that he or she can't live without it, and it's not some momentary whim.
    And when the desire has grown stronger, that's when you have to come to the gym. Only in this case a person will be motivated. Person will consult with a professional trainer, build a program of trainings, discuss what results and in what about time it will be able to achieve, be sure to discuss nutrition - in general, will approach the question systematically.
    And we all should approach the question systematically: carefully study the topic to prepare for what to face.
    So, instead of beautiful dates as motivation tools, use:
    -A desire. You are fully aware of the need for a new activity, its timeliness and the difficulties to be faced.
    -Systemic approach. You learn as much information as possible about the new activity, find out what is required of you.
    -Patience. You don't expect quick results, enjoy the process and small victories.
    These three points will provide you with inexhaustible motivation and will be great for your willpower.

Nobert likes this.
  3. In reviewing my winning trades, I see I am not letting my winners run. For example, I look back on my past trades, and the times I have been right in price direction, price would have kept moving in my favor if I did not kill the trade.

To make changes, I am now only getting out of trades using a limit order, no panic killing of the trade because I worry it will now reverse and lose not only my profit but then hit my stop loss.

Also, my trade tonight, I allowed the trade on ES futures to go the full 2 points instead of 1.5 points. Of course how many points depends on how far the market can move within the bounds of R and S.

My big losses have to do with over trading / revenge trading. When I do a good trade at night, I will shut down the computer, and then sometimes trade when I wake up in the morning. When I do a bad trade, I will look for another trade right away to try to either make back the loss or go for a profit, and then take another loss. I can then end up doing 5 bad trades in row.

Sometimes I am able to stop then, wait a couple hours and then go back and make a couple winning trades, but I am then still down for the night a higher amount of loss then my profit for a good night.

So to make a change, I need to just take a loss not move my stop and then wait either the next day to do a trade or wait the next night.

Of course if you are a major support and trend has not reversed, then I need to go for more then 2 points of profit.

Also, my other big losses occurred because my trade setup was far from support and then I added another contract closer to support and then both contracts are stopped out for a loss.

To avoid this issue, if I do see a reasonable setup not close to major support to say go long, I need to just use a standard stop not keep averaging down. Also, many times if price is far from support and my standard stop gets taken out, it would be better to trade short since trend may have reversed if you are still far from the major support level.

4. Branos

Branos

I had to change so I could resist depression and become more awareness. Awareness helps to observe myself, but without criticism, with compassion. When you change, you'll learn not to take sadness and stress to heart, but with sincere curiosity to look at them as if they are black clouds floating in the sky. In fact, awareness allows you to delay the flow of negative thoughts before they drag you into the mix of negative emotions, and regain control over your own life. Long-term practice of awareness improves mood, well-being and makes us happier. According to scientific research, it not only prevents depression, but also has a positive effect on the patterns of brain activity that cause anxiety, nervous tension, depressed states and irritability - with its help these states pass faster. How exactly does awareness help? It is known that our thoughts affect the emotional state. The more negative memories from the past or experiences of the future come into your head, the worse your mood will be. Emotions also affect thoughts, so if you give in to sadness, you will start a reverse mechanism: memory will kindly provide all the situations in which you were unhappy. To get out of this vicious circle and not to plunge into a depression, don't need to understand the causes of their anxiety: so you only exacerbate the situation.

5. God like motive, for sure