summer internship

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by ig0r, Mar 20, 2004.

1. ig0r

ig0r

after searching through existing threads I decided that my question may need to be asked

I'm a junior in high school and would be interested in an internship or maybe low-paying position at a trading firm (I don't mean a prop shop, maybe ibank?) for this coming summer, what would be the best way to go about inquiring and where?

2. Nightdesk

Nightdesk

Both my sons had the same idea as they grew up. I had them come to Chicago and work on the floor as runners for the summer. It's the most basic form of internship you can do but you'll make contacts that will last for years. Many of the Chicago trading firms are very heavy into options. It would be worthwhile to try and run for one of these groups and learn everything you can about how they make their markets, volitility etc. In the case of my boys, neither one of them ended up in the business and that my have been the most profitable summer they've spent intership wise.

Good luck,
    Nightdesk

3. Nightdesk

Nightdesk

Call the floor managers or desk managers of the larger firms. Try Man Financial, Refco, Cargill ... they all have summer intership programs. Now is not to soon to start looking for this summer. If you don't have any luck and need help, email me and I'll get some names and phone numbers for you.

Good luck,
    Nightdesk

4. silk

silk

Why not just enjoy the summer and play with your friends.

5. ig0r

ig0r

lol i get enough drugs sex and alcohol during the school year