Suits

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Pathus, Feb 24, 2007.

1. Lol, your the pink shirt guy, you should know.

Actually, Ive only owned one suit, a hand-me down, just happened to fit perfectly.

Winterweight cotton twill, purchased (i gather) for about 26 pounds stirling,
    in london, 1959.

Not into suits, and obviously it doesnt fit now, but i felt like a god wearing that thing.

It was so damn comfortable, it was just ridiculous-and im damn sure i didnt look like a claims server or insurance salesman.

Its not like im talking from experience, i just didnt have enough court appearances to warrant a good, new, suit.

Polyester, is not good, under any circumstances.

#11     Feb 26, 2007
  2. harmless

harmless

guys lets not kid ourselves

we dress like bums, I know traders we look like bums even though we have money

congratulation to some guys like Baron who take time to look good

but me, I am a bum

#12     Feb 26, 2007
  3. Tom James is a division of Chicago's Oxxford. They're the guys who make suits for Bush at 3k a pop. No doubt a Tom James custom fitted suit is as close to pristine as one can normally get for under a thou.

Another option is EBAY. I found a "nwot" Zegna on there a couple of years ago for only $350 (it was new and genuine, look for 99% positive feedback). After spending a hundred more in alterations it's the nicest garment in my closet.

#13     Feb 26, 2007
  4. ElCubano

ElCubano

the only thing they dont know is that the ROLEX people are wearing is almost 99% chance of it not being real...everything else they can tell...hell they might spot you being a little dick from a mile away just from the shoe size.. :p

#14     Feb 26, 2007
  5. Every girl's crazy bout a sharp dressed man...

#15     Feb 26, 2007

6. good post. yeah, i am partial to both thomas pink shirts in pink, yellow, white. however, i rarely wear suits of anykind anymore.

regards, surf

#16     Feb 26, 2007
  7. Today i attended a seminar and the presenter was wearing a suit. So naturally, i thought of this thread :)

The suit fit flawlessly - he looked sharp and confident and I don’t believe it was a designer suit. i'm sure if it was a fitted Armani suit he’d look even better, but it was not necessary and it was that much more attractive that his confidence was at a perfect level without the flashy clothing... Just my thoughts :)

#17     Feb 26, 2007